Talk

Advanced search

To think that I should be able to find...

(9 Posts)
Sugarmagnolia Tue 26-Aug-08 19:41:47

Is it unreasonable to expect that somewhere amongst 17 different types of plug adaptors, 12 blue-tooth adaptors, 43 computer cables, 2 routers, 6 old mobiles phones, 3 old PDAs, 2 old cameras, 2 laser pointers, a GPS, 4 different types of recording devices, 3 “runners” watches, an iPod, 4 power strips and several packs of blank CDs and DVDs I should be able to find one bloody SD card reader to get the photos off my daughter's camera!!!!!

hedgehog1979 Tue 26-Aug-08 20:44:52

YANBU - I have just had to reconnect my mac because I moved it before baby was born ( is now 9 weeks) and had to sort through hundreds of cables to find the right ones

Sugarmagnolia Tue 26-Aug-08 22:21:56

have also found several sets of airline headphones, 2 camera battery chargers, a portable hard drive, several modem cables (modem cables? WTF we haven't had a modem for YEARS!) and BT broadband hub. Still no card reader though. angry

thisisyesterday Tue 26-Aug-08 22:28:30

haha sounds like our house.
we actually bought a new camera because we couldn't find the charger for the old one amongst the piles and piles of cables and other related paraphernalia

asicsgirl Wed 27-Aug-08 10:11:03

i wonder whether you can flog 'bundle of misc cables' on ebay? dp would make a fortune... then again he'd probably be the one buying them, lol

asicsgirl Wed 27-Aug-08 10:12:49

i actually did a 'she blinded me with science' on all our misc cables the other day (remember? "all my tubes and wires in careful knots!") and tied them all up individually with elastic bands. ott i know but at least i can find my sodding phone charger now grin

Sugarmagnolia Wed 27-Aug-08 12:07:34

asicsgirl that's probably exactly the sort of thing i would have done once upon a time but all these things now live in our study and I have long since given up hope of maintaining any kind of control or order in the study. Although I spend many hours a day “working” in here it is, in reality, DH's domain. So now I'm resigned to having to ask him for stuff and he's away.

Alambil Thu 28-Aug-08 01:01:02

do you have one to find?! LOL!

nappyaddict Thu 28-Aug-08 02:08:42

i ended up finding one in an old mobile phone1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now