Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not want my friend to call round just before ds' bedtime?

(5 Posts)
greenandpleasant Tue 26-Aug-08 16:48:26

genuine question - don't know if I'm being precious or not. friend is coming for supper, hasn't seen ds (16mo) in a while but would usually arrive until after his bedtime. she can come round earlier, but only by about 15 mins ... which means arriving at precisely the time I will be getting him into his grobag, calming down the end of day post-bath hyperactivity and getting him to finish his milk along with a quiet cuddle.

have asked that she just puts head round bedroom door for a quick quiet hello if she arrives after 6.45 and before he is in his cot at 7. I suspect she thinks I'm being a bit precious - am I?

we've been away for a week and his sleep has been all over the place and I've been working hard to get him back into routine so really don't want to have a yo-yoing baby this evening if I can help it!

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 26-Aug-08 16:50:39

I don't allow visiters before child bed time. No, you're not being precious. A routine can be elusive!

clarebear24 Tue 26-Aug-08 16:56:01

Not at all, sleep is precious, Ive learned that, tell her to come a bit later, surely she would understand, or come at bathtime and disapear downstairs when you want to calm him down.

MrsTittleMouse Tue 26-Aug-08 16:57:26

Depends on your DS I think. We are very strict about the bedtime routine because it took us so long to get one - there is no way that we're risking losing it now!

Tommy Tue 26-Aug-08 17:03:38

we try not to answer the door or phone while we're doing bath and bed.

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now