Talk

Advanced search

to think that if my ex did not bother taking a computer tower with him when he left 18 months ago...

(14 Posts)
ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 26-Aug-08 16:45:41

... that he now has no right to turn up and demand parts out of it?

bogie Tue 26-Aug-08 16:47:04

yanbu he had 18 months I think I would give dp about 3 weeks before getting rid of things

FabioTheFlouncingCat Tue 26-Aug-08 16:48:47

Tell him he can have the dust from underneath it and the bills to power it.

YANBU

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 26-Aug-08 16:49:12

Well, I haven't got rid of it, I'm using it. He's now going on about canceling Sky (that he took a contract out on and I have been paying for 18 months!)

lizziemun Tue 26-Aug-08 17:52:37

Phone sky and transfer account into your name. Explain to them that you have been paying it for the last 18mths. If they refuse tell them you want 18mth refund and they can chase you ex for the outstanding monies.

As for the computer parts i would tell him where to go.

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 26-Aug-08 20:50:33

I have since informed him that if he had said "Coldy, you know, you don't really need that mega graphics card, and I really really do Would you consider a swap please?" - I'd have practically thrown it at him.

But he didn't. He said "Oh, at some point this evening I'm swapping that graphics card in that tower for a smaller one because I need it now."

To which I replied ... "Ah hahahahaha. No. YOu are not. It's mine now."

Serves him right for not using his good manners.

FAQ Tue 26-Aug-08 20:52:55

oh good luck with Sky - I'm still getting bills in ex's name as I refuse to pay approx £120 in on month more just for the name to be changed from "mr" FAQ to "mrs" (they want to charge the account that's been transferred from £20, then I'd have to pay 2 months charges at once in the new account name, plus of course I'd already have paid that months bill!!!)

charliecat Tue 26-Aug-08 20:53:36

At least he is offering to replace it, even if it is with a smaller something.

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 26-Aug-08 20:55:28

He hasn't offered though CC. He's told me what he's doing in my house with my property.

It doesn't work like that grin

CarGirl Tue 26-Aug-08 20:55:36

put um now tonight is not really even a reuquest it's a demand!

Lovesdogsandcats Tue 26-Aug-08 22:53:38

YANBU

Tell him if he wants it he can buy it off you wink

blueskythinker Tue 26-Aug-08 23:42:58

But if he cancels Sky, surely you can take it out in your name? And get a better deal for being a new customer.

nelliesmum Tue 26-Aug-08 23:48:18

Hmmm...life is possible without Sky, but its tough!!

oops Wed 27-Aug-08 00:02:06

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now