Talk

Advanced search

to expect not to be wolf whistled at when pregnant?

(32 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 26-Aug-08 13:46:23

I don't mind the normal plain old whistles or comments of "lovely smile" but do take exception to cries of "show us your tits" and men leering obviously out of white van windows (especially when I'm looking hideous, not even made an effort!) but now I'm 7 months pregnant and still getting this kind of attention and frankly it pisses me off - isn't it even more disrespectful to behave this way towards a pregnant woman - above the amount it's disrespectful anyway?!

btw not how I'm dressed - today I'm wearing trainers, jeans a top and a cardi (no cleavage) and still got leered at

grrrr

Tittybangbang Tue 26-Aug-08 13:48:08

Oh stop boasting!

grin

ShittyCatsLawyer Tue 26-Aug-08 13:48:41

ah yes i had that once when i was pregnant

very wedird actuiaally

zippitippitoes Tue 26-Aug-08 13:48:47

thats what i thought

you are clearly stunning a cross you have to bear im afraid

MadreInglese Tue 26-Aug-08 13:49:01

You should go out with a paper bag on your head, that should stop it wink

kama Tue 26-Aug-08 13:49:50

Message withdrawn

sophiajane Tue 26-Aug-08 13:50:03

it is horrible and sleazy....also really unpleasant when it happens when you are pushing your child in a buggy...wtf?

msdemeanor Tue 26-Aug-08 13:50:38

I was whistled at, smiled at and given the odd appreciative comment when I was pregnant first time (and...shhh...I blardly loved it!)
Now I'm a raddled old mum nobody ever notices me...sob.

MmeLindt Tue 26-Aug-08 13:50:41

You are obviously not mousey then.

I got chatted up when I was 8 months pregnant, but I was wearing a big winter coat. DH said I should have went for a coffee with him just to see his face when I took my coat off and unveiled my bump.

BigGitDad Tue 26-Aug-08 13:50:56

I think it is comforting that builders and the like are prepared to wolf whitle at all sorts these days. Maybe it's the credit crunch lowering their expectations somewhat...grin

MrsMattie Tue 26-Aug-08 13:52:06

I am getting more looks from men now I'm pregnant than i did before. Very strange.

sophiajane Tue 26-Aug-08 13:54:58

perhaps fecundity (is that right word?) gets some men going?

LadySanders Tue 26-Aug-08 13:55:09

i got wolf whistled by builders while doing school run, heavily preg with ds2. i was delighted.

wouldn't like 'show us yer tits' at any time though!

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 26-Aug-08 13:56:11

aw you're all very sweet but i live in a crap south london area and the white van men leer at anything female, under no illusions I am a perfect stunner!

maybe I should change the title - whistles are fine, it's that nasty leering look and literally shouting "show us your tits" or "cum on my face" that I object to....just thought I'd be able to avoid that whilst pregnant!

looks from men generally whilst pregnant I agree is disconcerting but at least it's more curiosity than outright disrepect

<sigh>

SheikYerbouti Tue 26-Aug-08 13:56:17

I got asked out to dinner by the horrible sleazy man who used to own the local greengrocers. I was 7 months gone with DS2. I won't tell you what other requests he made <boak>

TheProvincialLady Tue 26-Aug-08 13:56:28

I used to get lots of cars beeping and shouts when I was pg with DS....I used to watch them as they drove past me as the look on their face when they reached the front of me and noticed I was pregnant was hilariousgrin

Whereas this time I am 'showing all round'[porker]

ShittyCatsLawyer Tue 26-Aug-08 13:57:01

sheikh
me nad finbar
bath
autumn
duo boots session( her)
lunch and cofee and maybe a happy hour cocktail

where?

sophiajane Tue 26-Aug-08 13:58:25

Jesus no one has ever said "cum on my face" to me in public (or private in recent years blush) where the hell do you live???

SheikYerbouti Tue 26-Aug-08 14:06:01

Firehouse is good for lunch as is the Walrus & Carpenter, Moon and Sixpence and Opa.

Cocktails, not a scooby my darling. I only ever go to old men's pubs

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 26-Aug-08 14:06:04

streatham....i hate white van drivers...builders tend to be a bit nicer (though "cheer up love" rightly pisses me off too!)

sophiajane Tue 26-Aug-08 14:08:22

"give us a smile" always makes me want to machine gun whatever creep asks for it

traceybath Tue 26-Aug-08 14:16:43

nice bar in bath and just round the corner from duo

jamie oliver's new italian place should also be open in september - again just 2 mins from duo so very central

HonoriaGlossop Tue 26-Aug-08 14:23:38

I was wolf whistled when pregnant

Just assumed they were taking the p* to be honest grin

or perhaps they really did find the puffy red face and varicose veins appealing?

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 26-Aug-08 16:57:05

to be honest i do think they are probably taking the piss too most of the time...either way it's annoying, maybe I'm just being naive thinking pregnancy would prevent this!

combustiblelemon Tue 26-Aug-08 17:03:27

Bleurghh Sheik. I hope you washed your veg thoroughly.

It's not really a preen moment to have 'Cum on my face' shouted at you regardless of the occupancy state of you womb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now