Talk

Advanced search

.. in thinking most men are immature bastards who think with their sexual organs and bugger all else?

(3 Posts)
fedupandisolated Tue 26-Aug-08 07:09:39

sad sad

In my life I don't think there's been any man who hasn't let me down.

Am not name changing as I can't be bothered.

Why do I feel like this?

Parents divorce as father couldn't keep "it" in his pants.

Sexual abuse by an older male cousin AND another man in my life.

Husband who I still love has an addiction to phone sex lines.

My lovely sister in law's husband has just walked out on her after 24 years - for another woman. (okay that's not letting ME down but does nothing for my already crap opinion of men).

I could go on - tbh I have met only a handful of men who seem honest, normal and civilised.

I am sick of it all. I still love my feckless husband - God alone knows why as it's like having another child - can't seem to manage anything on his own. Leaves me with no respect for him. We've been separated for several months but are getting back together and going to Relate - I have lots to say about things that need saying with a trained counsellor.

Apologies to any of the normal decent men (and I know there are lots out there - despite thread title) who are reading this but some of your "brothers" out there are utter arseholes.

wahwah Tue 26-Aug-08 09:31:12

It can seem that way, particularly when you've known so many of them. I know a lot of decent, kind men - they are out there and we shouldn't put up with anything less.

mayorquimby Tue 26-Aug-08 11:45:43

in fairness it's the same for everyone, male and female.
can see why you feel that way as you have good reason to.but for every arsehole man there is bitch of a woman.
you just have to try not to let the losers who have inhabited your life so far ruin it further and hopefully you'll better luck in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now