Talk

Advanced search

.... or rather is DH being unreasonable, being left alone with 15 kids!!

(8 Posts)
sandyballs Mon 25-Aug-08 21:59:05

Most of the gardens in our street back on to a park. We are quite friendly with our neighbours and often meet up in the park with the kids etc. Earlier today Dh said to a couple of other dads that it would be a nice idea to all meet in the park for a game of rounders. They agreed and DH and our kids went out at the agreed time and he discovered that that all the kids turned up but no dads or mums! He ended up playing a game of rounders with 15 kids on his own. He came in and told me he felt like a child minder and I said to go into the neighbours gardens and get the dads but he said they knew he was out there with their kids as they checked now and then over the back gate but didn't come out. I think he found it a bit stressful as some of the kids were younger than ours and kept running off into the woods and not sticking with the game.

Hecate Mon 25-Aug-08 22:00:48

Well, too late now but what he SHOULD have done was sent them all home to get their dads, and said come back when you have a parent with you.

UniversallyChallenged Mon 25-Aug-08 22:04:41

Poor dh - good on him for trying though and it shows how much kids want to play same things we all did 25 years ago. It's a shame some parents are so lazy they leave it to others

So dh yanbu - but be pleased you probably did something for those kids they may never have had before

desperatehousewifetoo Mon 25-Aug-08 22:13:28

What a lovely dh!

My 2 are free tomorrow if he feels like another game wink

cat64 Mon 25-Aug-08 22:15:04

Message withdrawn

sandyballs Mon 25-Aug-08 22:23:47

They are all quite young. Ranging from 4 to 9, so not really able to be out in the park without an adult.

sandyballs Mon 25-Aug-08 22:23:47

They are all quite young. Ranging from 4 to 9, so not really able to be out in the park without an adult.

Clary Mon 25-Aug-08 22:30:34

How fab is yr DH to do that!

as universallychallenged says, prob sthg that they have never done before (ie playing in a big gang with barely an adult there).

I think it's a bit much (like, a lot much) of parents of a 4yo to allow one parent to look after that many tbh tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now