Talk

Advanced search

to have been sickened by this mum's behaviour..

(10 Posts)
Tittybangbang Mon 25-Aug-08 19:42:00

.... in the queue at Poundland today (classy shopper, I know!). In front of me a young mum with two children. Younger child is about 5 yrs old, quietly asking for a ring binder which she's got in her hand.

Mum bends down and pushes her face into the child's so her nose is practically touching her daughter's nose, and says, clear as day, in a really loud, angry, hectoring tone: "Are you telling me something? Are you? Are you talking to me? YOU SPASTIC"

shock sad

If she talks to a child in public like this, in full hearing of a group of strangers, then what on earth does she do at home?

OMG that poor little girl.

I wish I'd said something but this mum was covered in tattoos and dead rough. I was too scared. blush

nickytwotimes Mon 25-Aug-08 19:44:34

horrid word to use in any context.
I'd have been too scared too, tbh.

Ready4anothersmokedeel Mon 25-Aug-08 19:47:06

poor childsad

that is a horrid way to talk to anybody, let alone a child.

smartiejake Mon 25-Aug-08 19:55:49

How utterly appalling.

Sorry but some people really shouldn't be allowed to have children.

lou33 Mon 25-Aug-08 19:57:22

that's the one word guaranteed to make me kick off if i hear it being used

her behaviour sounds appalling aside from her language as well

AbbaFan Mon 25-Aug-08 19:59:51

shock

I get very upset when I witness this kind of thing. Poor kid sad

SubRosa Mon 25-Aug-08 20:03:56

What a vile woman, I feel so sorry for that poor little girl.

alicet Mon 25-Aug-08 20:08:43

OMG! The thought of that makes me feel sick. How awful would that poor little girl feel?

Agree some people shouldn't be allowed to have children. Nothing can mae this reasonable. Even if the little girl had been banging on all day for the sodding ring binder or been really naughty is that a reasonable reaction from the mum

Hecate Mon 25-Aug-08 20:10:44

What no posts about how you can't judge from a split second of someone's life? How she might have lots of stuff going on, be really stressed and normally be mother of the year?

<checks address bar> No, this really is mumsnet. Bloody hell. shock

That 'mother' is a cow. What a stinking way to talk to your child.

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 25-Aug-08 20:15:43

Theres a mum who walkspast my house nearly everyday, she has 2 young boys about 5 and 2. She never holds their hands just scremas 'come back ereeee'

She always swears at them.

She will argue with her ex-boyf in the street every so often, so when I heard her ranting on the other day I assumed it was at him, it was only when I looked out the window I saw she was shouting at her son... calling him 'a stupid f*cking mong'

She calls them so many awful things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now