(14 Posts)
apostrophe Sun 24-Aug-08 17:57:00

Message withdrawn

ScummyMummy Sun 24-Aug-08 17:59:08

Yes, I know that feeling.

claricebeansmum Sun 24-Aug-08 18:03:30

Yes.

BouncingTurtle Sun 24-Aug-08 18:05:52

IKWYM - when ds was weeks old there were times when I took ds to baby groups and he would be the baby that cried all the time - whenever I saw a another baby doing the same I almost smiled inwardly because it meant that it wasn't something I was doing wrong, it was perfectly normal newborn behaviour!

HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 18:08:09

oh god I am ashamed to say that I silently rejoiced when a family member's children disgraced her once at a family gathering.

However in my defence this is ONLY because I had put up with some YEARS of her in-your-face opinions on child rearing, usually relating to how I was doing it all wrong...

UniversallyChallenged Sun 24-Aug-08 18:10:36

YABPUBABU

you are being perfectly understandable but a bit unreasonable grin

deanychip Sun 24-Aug-08 18:12:19

YESYESYES!!! I do it all the time hehehehe!

spicemonster Sun 24-Aug-08 18:15:40

I thank my lucky stars every time it is someone else's child screaming blue murder and not mine. I always give the parent a sympathetic smile and I hope it doesn't come across as schadenfreude.

blueshoes Sun 24-Aug-08 18:56:36

That would be ds on the riverboat today blush He was tired.

AbbeyA Sun 24-Aug-08 19:05:28

I always feel like saying 'don't worry, been there, done it and got the Tshirt!'. There is light at the end of the tunnel-you just get different problems.

muggglewump Sun 24-Aug-08 19:12:22

YANBU.
I think this too but I am always sympathetic with the parent and give them a kind word, well except if they are one of those parrot parents that do fuck all about the bad behaviour, then I just act smug that DD wouldn't ever behave like that.

GirlySquare Sun 24-Aug-08 19:12:53

I always feel like saying that AbbeyA - I don't though because at that point I'm at the end of my tether and wouldn't want to hear it grin

PheasantPlucker Mon 25-Aug-08 08:22:04

'I think I am in touch with that emotion' !

pamelat Mon 25-Aug-08 08:26:17

I relax once I get somewhere with my DD and someone elses baby or child is crying. She can't disgrace me then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now