Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to park in parent and child spaces at 7 months pregnant

(42 Posts)
wombleprincess Sat 23-Aug-08 09:12:50

cos i cant get in and out of my car easily now. got told off the other day..

DelGirl Sat 23-Aug-08 09:13:47

No, yanbu

makeminealargeoneplease Sat 23-Aug-08 09:23:10

I think thats fair dos...you are a mother and you have a baby.....so YANBU. Tell them to mind their own business.

NoBiggy Sat 23-Aug-08 09:26:03

That's fair enough. In fact, the Tesco badge says it's for pregnant women and those with children up to 5 years.

Who told you off? Anyone important?

tiggerlovestobounce Sat 23-Aug-08 09:33:41

Thats fair enough for you to use the space, IMO. I think that the Tesco one says its OK if you are third trimester.

Naetha Sat 23-Aug-08 10:06:20

No mother would have a go at you for parking in a P&C spot.

Arsey security guards might though.

Minniethemoocher Sat 23-Aug-08 10:26:42

I would tell them to bugger off and mind their own business!

I am 7 months pregnant, but still feeling fine, my problem is if people park too close to my car, I have trouble getting out of it sometimes and I have had to climb over and get out the passenger side, risking a gear stick up my fanjo! grin

Teuch Sat 23-Aug-08 10:28:10

I don't use them unless I have my toddler with me and I am pregnant, but then if I became so limited in mobility as to be unable to walk from a 'spacious' space then I probably wouldn't manage the traipsing round the supermarket.

It is not unreasonable but it you do have to make a reasonable judgement on whether your need is as great which is not ideal either, IMO.

ALMummy Sat 23-Aug-08 10:34:44

Shop at Asda. They have expectant mother parking spaces.

Minniethemoocher Sat 23-Aug-08 18:39:09

I'm intending to shop online if I get really big and tired - as you say, if you can't waddle walk from a normal space, then you are going to be knackered traipsing around the shop, loading you trolley, unloading ....makes me tired just thinking about it!

hughjarssss Sat 23-Aug-08 18:42:22

YANBU.

You have enough to think about womble, being 7 months pregnant, don't take any notice.

elmoandella Sat 23-Aug-08 18:52:37

put your infant carrier in back if you have it already

Shoegazer Sat 23-Aug-08 19:16:49

YANBU, how else are supposed to get out of the car when car park spaces are so stupidly narrow?

beansmum Sat 23-Aug-08 19:22:34

I suppose, if we are being pedantic about it, YAB kind of, a tiny bit U, but I don't think many parents are really going to care. You could always park a bit further away where there are free spaces all around, or park on the end of a row (or get the bus).

strawberryfields Sat 23-Aug-08 19:57:05

No, YANBU. Go for it, I for one wouldn't hold it against you!

cheesychips Sat 23-Aug-08 20:44:32

It depends if there were plenty of available parent & child spaces. I would be a bit put out if the last space had been taken by a pregnant woman leaving me to bring 3 under 5s across a busy carpark. (That is of course if I could get the baby seat out of a narrow space) If there were plenty of spaces no problem.

LazyLinePainterJane Sat 23-Aug-08 20:47:31

Well, I don't give a toss where you park, as long as it's not in a disabled space, but if you don't want the hassle, park further away, on the end of a row or something, where there is more room.

lauraloola Sat 23-Aug-08 20:56:01

Nope. I hate the people who arent pregnant, dont have kids and still park in them. I feel like saying something but these days you never know what might happen.

I used them when my bump was huge as getting in and out of the car was a nightmare and I needed the door wide open.

2luvlyboys Sat 23-Aug-08 21:00:37

YANBU at all. PILs park in the mother and baby space all the time as a matter of course using the fact they have a child seat in there as an excuse!! Never take my dcs shopping never why would they? That is very very unreasonable imo and makes me angry! They have been challanged about it and they say they make a joke about they left the kids at home!hmm

meglet Sat 23-Aug-08 21:04:17

YANBU. I would totally understand why a very pregnant woman needed to park there. In a busy car park sometimes there are the only spaces you can get the door open wide enough.

UniversallyChallenged Sat 23-Aug-08 21:19:54

But you have a baby with you so what's the problem? Just it's inside tum not outside yet!

Who had a go at you?

2shoes Sat 23-Aug-08 21:29:37

yanbu, even I can remember how hard it was to sqeeze into a car at that stage.

nappyaddict Sat 23-Aug-08 21:34:39

You might be being a tiny bit unreasonable. You want to use it cos you are too big to get out of the car when other cars park so close - other people who might be a similar size to a pregnant lady (but not pregnant) don't get this priveledge. Would it be acceptable for them to use it aswell cos they need they extra room?

MmeLindt Sat 23-Aug-08 21:42:12

YANBU, I had to ask a stranger to move my car back so I could get into it when I was pregnant. The cars either side had parked too close and there was no way I could get in.

jellybrains Sat 23-Aug-08 21:50:22

I think thats ok if you are struggling to get out of the car, but I get really pissy when people have no children or have kids but sit in the car with them whilst someone nips in the supermarket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now