Talk

Advanced search

to take these start-rite shoes back?

(7 Posts)
petitmaman Fri 22-Aug-08 18:52:50

I got my dd2 (18months) fitted in a 'proper' independant shoe shop today. Admittadly they seemed to struggle to find ones that fitted properly round the ankle and she was screaming blue murder and not being very co-operative. blushhowever they said these ones were fine
She has worn them all day. I have just taken them off to discover bright red marks on both ankles where they have rubbed. dont think she can wear them again like that. AIBU to take them back?
I can't get to the shop until tues pm at the earliest this leaves her with out shoes all weekend angry.
I do have the receipt but how can i prove they were rubbing her? also just noticed they were in the sale. (still paid 27 pounds!they were start rite) does this matter? can i ask for my money back or do i have to accept another pair? Thanks

AvenaLife Fri 22-Aug-08 18:54:47

Take a picture and show them. They should offer you a refund as they are obviously faulty. They may try and fob you off with another pair.

NigellaTheOriginal Fri 22-Aug-08 18:54:52

if they really don't fit then you should be able to get your money back. but if your DD is only 18 months and this is her first pir of shoes i would have thought all day was a bit long to be wearing them. i'd break them in slowley - a half hour hear and there to start with.

petitmaman Fri 22-Aug-08 19:28:59

But it is not her first pair of shoes as she has been walking for 6 months. it looks as though they are rubbing from being too high on the ankle so isnt that a fit problem? i have never had this problem with dd1. dont want to just think they will wear in then give dd2 soreness and make the shoes too worn to take back.

Furball Fri 22-Aug-08 19:29:05

Take them back, they are not fit to wear if they rub and it's too expensive just to ignore it. Most shops are very good. i took ds'(7) shoes back to russell and bromley in june because they rubbed after a week, they didn't even ask to see the receipt. and gave us some insoles hmm so the shoes fitted him better.

mrz Fri 22-Aug-08 19:41:52

I would take them back obviously not fitted correctly so not fit for purpose.

NigellaTheOriginal Sat 23-Aug-08 01:00:49

you know i've just reread the o.p and my reply and i was obviously suffering from serious lack of sleep and talking bollocks.

take them back.
sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now