Talk

Advanced search

Or would I have been unreasonable to have left a stroppy note on the windscreen of the car that parked 6 inches from mine, at a careless angle, in the multistorey today?

(75 Posts)
Twinklemegan Fri 22-Aug-08 18:46:27

How careless and inconsiderate can you get? They had shedloads of space to park properly. Thank God DS's car seat is on the other side but I had to climb in via the passenger seat. Blardy idiot. I wrote a stroppy note but chickened out of leaving it in the end.

oi Fri 22-Aug-08 18:48:25

was there a space the other side of that car? because maybe someone had parked badly in that space and the person had to park awkwardly to fit in

bubblagirl Fri 22-Aug-08 18:49:01

i wouldn't have left it unless i knew how the car next to that was origionally parked maybe they didnt have much room when they arrived
it is annoying but cannot always persume its someones recklessness that has caused it

we have had to park dodgy before as car next to us was parked awkward

if you see them pull in and park dodgy you can then say something

sarah293 Fri 22-Aug-08 18:50:18

Message withdrawn

Twinklemegan Fri 22-Aug-08 23:36:35

You can certainly presume someone's reckless when they're in the space by the column!

AbbaFan Fri 22-Aug-08 23:39:01

I often leave notes on cars

mrshall Sun 24-Aug-08 07:26:01

I've done it several times. Probably doesn't change anything but makes me feel better.

HeadFairy Sun 24-Aug-08 07:36:06

I've alway been tempted to leave one of those "next time bring a tin opener so I can get in to my f**** car!"

smoggie Sun 24-Aug-08 08:36:06

I have left a note several times when it has been obvious it's due to their thoughtfulness. Makes me feel a LOT better grin

JuneBugJen Sun 24-Aug-08 08:38:13

yes.

AbbeyA Sun 24-Aug-08 08:38:16

I have left notes-my main problem is that I never have a piece of paper to hand.

JuneBugJen Sun 24-Aug-08 08:38:44

by that i mean i leave stroppy notes all the time for this kind of thing!

ninedragons Sun 24-Aug-08 15:55:41

DH and I were walking with DD on Thursday night and some dickhead had parked his X5 right across the footpath outside the restaurant he was obviously eating at. Front bumper was touching the wall, back one was on the road.

DH was so unimpressed at having to detour onto the road with a pram to get past him that he let down the X5's rear tyre.

It is an excellent tactic; doesn't cause permanent damage but is deeply inconvenient.

MsSparkle Sun 24-Aug-08 16:03:21

ninedragons that could have been very dangerous!shock

The tyre doesn't deflate straight away so the X5 driver proberbly drove home with his tyre slowly deflating and could have had a serious accident because of this! I agree wanker for parking like that but that was a very stupid thing to do. I just hope the X5 driver didn't have kids with them.

Ripeberry Sun 24-Aug-08 16:04:46

I'm fed up of coming back to my car and finding new scratches on it.
They are not deep scratches but they show up as my car is dark blue metallic.
We were attending a festival on Friday at Westonbirt and we had to go back to the car a couple of times to drop off things we had bought and the car was OK.
Had lunch and then 3hrs later came back to drive off and it looks like someone's little kid decided to make whirly circles on the side of the car.
Maybe the kid was leaning on my car and their coat caused the scratches BUT you would think the parents would notice and tell them NOT to do that to other peoples cars!
Rant over angry

alexpolismum Sun 24-Aug-08 16:08:42

ninedragons - people park on the pavements here all the time, and dh has done this too.

Obviously, "off-road" vehicles are called that because they're "off-road" but "on pavement"

I've often wished to do something like let a tyre down but have never had the guts to (although the time when I couldn't even get in the door of a building because some selfish pig had parked right across the door...angry I came very close!)

alexpolismum Sun 24-Aug-08 16:11:35

ripeberry - a few months ago I came back to the car to find Bob the Builder stickers all over the passenger door. You'd think parents would notice their child doing that too!

KerryMum Sun 24-Aug-08 16:12:28

don't leave a not. just open your door HARD.

repeatedly.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 24-Aug-08 16:17:03

I would have left a note -if nothing else it might make them briefly consider what an inconsiderate arse they've been. I don't imagine for one moment they'll change their ways though but you'll feel better.

I have been known to leave sarcastic notes on the cars that park across the track to our house (that we share with 3 other houses) -its so obvious that access is needed yet people still block it for the sake of maybe walking a few paces futher (we're semi-rural so parking space is not an issue in the road)

lou33 Sun 24-Aug-08 16:22:00

i remember once coming back to the car to find someone had parked so close on my side i couldnt actually get in

i did write an arsey note and leave it on the window grin

ChippyMinton Sun 24-Aug-08 16:25:02

You need to do what our (now ex-) neighbour would do and glue the note to the middle of the windsceen.

captainmummy Sun 24-Aug-08 16:44:55

MsSparkle - I think i agree with ninedragons. Yes it may be dangerous for the driver to drive with a deflating tyre, but it is just as dangerous to be made to walk in the road with a pram becaus the dick was parked safely on the pavement. I got so fed up with taking my precious children on the road while the cars were on the pavement that I started taking a little less care while squeezing past with the pushchair. Once I took a wing mirror with me. (It was falling off anyway, and it got caught on the rainhood!)

ninedragons Sun 24-Aug-08 17:02:16

Oh no, this wasn't a slow deflation. DH took the dust cap off, put his house key in the valve and let the tyre down until it was completely flat. No way he was driving anywhere at all without a wheel change.

And TBH, I wouldn't particularly have cared if it had been dangerous for the driver. I had to step into a badly lit road from behind the tail end of a giant SUV (and thus invisible to oncoming traffic) with a black pram. That is dangerous.

ChippyMinton Sun 24-Aug-08 17:05:25

If he drove off without noticing the flat tyre it could be very dangerous, not just to the driver and any passengers but to other road-users. I am shock to be honest.

fledtoscotland Sun 24-Aug-08 22:15:23

YANBU but i vote for the opening my car door "into the one parked next to me very hard" option. deflating tyres is dangerous but dents are just inconvenient (esp if its an expensive car)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now