Talk

Advanced search

To want another child?

(3 Posts)
justneedsomesleep Fri 22-Aug-08 13:28:12

I have a dd (2.5) and 11 month old son and have a niggling feeling that I might want another child at some point. Dh isn't too keen. We both had counselling for vasectomy and cancelled the actual procedure as we both felt that deciding to do something so permanent at that time(ds was only a couple of months old)might not be a good idea due to hormones etc.

Plan was for me to go back to work when dd started school but if i have another that screws that up as can't afford so much childcare. Dh insists we can't afford another one (probably true...) and need to buy another car and poss bigger house plus I wouldn't be working.
Am i being unfair placing so much financial burden on him if i want another child? Am i being unreasonable? Am i being broody (after reading so many baby threads and 'due in...' threads on here).

Help/advice.
When and how did you decide enough was enough?

JuneBugJen Fri 22-Aug-08 13:33:11

I pondered this one and decided 2 was enough when DH said he didn't want another one.

This situation happened to my parents. My mum had 'just one more' and the strain (financial and emotional) it put on their marriage lead eventually to divorce. Dad now admits he resented being surrounded by babies and that 2 was plenty.

He loves us all but admitted recently it was all too much. My youngest sister has always kind of known this and has always had the nagging feeling of being unwanted.

I'm sure there are other families who will find the DH can learn to love/cope with another baby. But mine wasn't one of them and its the reason I wont consider another even though I would quite like one.

Flo23 Fri 22-Aug-08 13:44:26

Will watch this with interest, as I know I would love a 3rd but DH doesn't. Our DSs are 3.5 and 11 months. When I was pregnant with Ds2 I was sure he would be the last, but now just don't feel family is 'finished' yet.

Reasons for not having another pretty much same as you, but its not easy to be practical once the urge for another child has set in..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now