Talk

Advanced search

to give away something on freecycle that we havent used for 4 years nearly

(11 Posts)
SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 10:24:06

i tried to give somethign away,, dh found out,, i do feel guilty that i hadnt diusccsed it with him...
but it has been stored in my mum's shed for 4 years!

Flamesparrow Fri 22-Aug-08 10:24:44

lol what was it?

SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 10:25:29

a lawnmower, blush
our garden is too small now we moved for the large one we had before

bran Fri 22-Aug-08 10:25:48

That depends on whether it's your thing that hasn't been used for 4 years (in which case it's redundant) or your dh's thing (in which case it is a future valuable antique/precious sentimental item/potentially very useful). wink

Flamesparrow Fri 22-Aug-08 10:26:48

if it hasn't been touched in 4 years, then it isn't a problem.

Not like my bike that DH "forgot" to collect from a friend's where he had left it... friend moved house and left it there shock

bran Fri 22-Aug-08 10:26:52

Oh, YANBU in that case.

SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 10:29:15

exactly.
it is DH's thing and you never know it might come in useful if he ever gets made redundant hmm he could mow people's lawns!!!!

shock at your bike

bran Fri 22-Aug-08 12:02:20

How often has he actually looked at it in the past 4 years? Could you just let the matter drop and freecycle it in a few months, he probably won't even notice. [sneaky emoticon]

SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 12:51:38

too scared now bran.
might consider it though <<more sneaky>> grin

bran Fri 22-Aug-08 12:58:44

Get your mum to phone him and ask him to pick it up as she would like to use the space it's taking up. If he does actually pick it up then keep moving it to the most awkward part of the garden for him until he gets fed up with it. (I am evil, I know I am, and passive aggressive with it. grin)

Perhaps he'd be happier to sell it, at least he'd get something for it.

SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 13:13:59

yes he would be happier to sell it, or at least give it to someone we know.
i will get him to bring it over here. good idea grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now