Talk

Advanced search

to hate this toy?

(22 Posts)
GreenMonkies Fri 22-Aug-08 08:44:06

I mean, a lamb with a dummy?

Too many reasons, not enough space to list them!!!

StellaWasADiver Fri 22-Aug-08 08:45:10

LOL! YANBU - the mind boggles...

2point4kids Fri 22-Aug-08 08:45:54

Its a toy! They dont tend to be that realistic.
Nothing wrong with dummies either really.

VinegarTits Fri 22-Aug-08 08:46:22

Its a baby sheep with a dummy, so what? can't see your problem. Are we going to get into a debate about dummies now <rolls eyes>

lilymolly Fri 22-Aug-08 08:49:03

Ah I LOVE shaun the sheep

I think its quite cute

bubblagirl Fri 22-Aug-08 08:49:27

im not bothered by it one of ds fave teddies was a monkey with a dummy when he was a baby

twentypence Fri 22-Aug-08 08:49:34

It's a movie tie in, it teaches cause and effect, it's cuddly.

I think hate is too strong - though the price...

SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 08:49:53

i love shuan the sheep, makes me laugh every time

Lazarou Fri 22-Aug-08 08:52:49

Ds1 wants one. I'm buying him one for christmas. They are quite cute, no?

medogsarebarking Fri 22-Aug-08 08:53:57

I'm not that up on Shaun the sheep but imagine baby timmy is a character in it - and if it's an Aardman one it's probably quite funny. I don't see a problem with it.

Shitehawk Fri 22-Aug-08 08:55:34

Oh go on, GreenMonkies, list your reasons.

Have you ever seen Sean the Sheep? Timmy is the baby of the flock and he has a dummy, which is used more for comic effect than anything else. To make the toy without the dummy would be ridiculous.

There are many things out there which are more deserving of hatred than a soft toy.

Lazarou Fri 22-Aug-08 08:57:33

If it was a choice between a bratz doll and a sheep with a dummy, which would you rather have?

Callisto Fri 22-Aug-08 09:00:45

Ahh, there are so many other toys deserving of our hate - all of the Bratz range, anything that brain washes girls into becoming domestic slaves (pink and sparkly hoovers and the like), toy guns...

StellaWasADiver Fri 22-Aug-08 09:05:23

Oh, I thought the OP was light-hearted...

SlartyBartFast Fri 22-Aug-08 09:06:20

you gotta watch shaen the sheep now op grin

GreenMonkies Fri 22-Aug-08 09:14:20

Oh Callisto, I hate Bratz more, but a lamb with a dummy, it's a close second......

bethoo Fri 22-Aug-08 09:29:38

i love Shaun the sheep more than my ds does! it is so funny in a subtle way. i even sing along! if i was to get baby Timmy it would end up on my bed!

i get bugged by those vtech talking toys as thye pretty much all say the same thing in that irritating voice!

JuneBugJen Fri 22-Aug-08 09:31:22

This baby lamb on Shawn the Sheep saved my sanity on TV when I was getting fed up with bollocks CBeebies.
I dont think it is worth any ire!

ScaryHairy Fri 22-Aug-08 09:38:09

You are being unreasonable. It's only a sheep with a dummy.

This on the other hand is the worst toy in the world. It tells small girls that the important things in life are buying stuff, clothes and being popular. The songs it sings are about shopping FFS. It is the work of the devil.

Shoegazer Fri 22-Aug-08 09:54:38

Oh no, DD 2.2 has a purple dyson am I encouraging her to become a domestic slave? No I am not, because its so she can copy daddy lol!

OP YABU, ScaryHairy's toy is far more disturbing. A sheep with a dummy or a coiffed dog that lives in a handbag and sings about shopping?

lovecat Fri 22-Aug-08 10:16:25

DD has a mini version of Timmy (squeeze him and he plays the theme tune to StheS) - he's fab!

Scaryhairy's toy and anything to do with Bratz is faaaaaaaaar more evil!

Lazarou Fri 22-Aug-08 10:29:35

I've just ordered one. It's cheaper on amazon than anywhere else.
Also boots ar doing 3 for 2 on some pretty decent toys with free delivery. I've ordered the roary racing car remote control car. I know it's a bit soon to be ordering christmas presents but I've discovered that by leaving it til the last minute means the things the kids would like have sold out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now