Talk

Advanced search

to think this mumsnet thing is a bit of a private club!!!

(348 Posts)
birdinatent Thu 21-Aug-08 18:22:23

I have been posting on here for a year or so on and off, but I have never really felt welcome.

No one ever responds to what I write, in fact I have sometimes felt actively ignored.

Now obviously that could be cos I write a load of crap that interests no one blush

Or it could be that very early on, before I realised how careful you had to be, I had an argument with someone who, it turned out, was a mumsnet superstar.

Am I being paranoid, or do people get unofficialy blacklisted!!

btw have changed my name for this.

CvQ Thu 21-Aug-08 18:24:08

i havent been here long and ive been made very welcome.i think lots of posting is the key!

Shitehawk Thu 21-Aug-08 18:25:06

You're being paranoid.

Now, just get stuck in and post smile

Threadwworm Thu 21-Aug-08 18:25:41

I'm sure you haven't been blacklisted. I haven't a clue who has argued with whom. People just respond to what happens to interest them.

WendyWeber Thu 21-Aug-08 18:26:04

Yes, there is a blacklist and you are at the top of it in big letters, I just checked! shock

No, love, you are being paranoid - life's too short & MN is too big - just keep posting smile

lou33 Thu 21-Aug-08 18:26:18

i have been here forever and still dont always get replies

i woudnt take it personally, sometimes threads get missed if its v busy and drop off active convos quickly, other times there might not be many people about

bellavita Thu 21-Aug-08 18:26:27

I have posted on here for less than a year and sometimes you get noticed and sometimes you don't.

Threads move very quickly and it is easy to get overlooked. Please don't take it personally.

If you did an AIBU then you will get lots of different opinions and some that you won't like.

Just keep diving in tis the only way to go.

Btw I am sure people do not get blacklisted.

VeniVidiVickiQV Thu 21-Aug-08 18:26:42

Message withdrawn

WaynettaSlob Thu 21-Aug-08 18:27:15

You are being paranoid (so long as your spat idn't involve saying that all MNers were useless idiots!!! wink)

As shitewhawk says, get stuck in!

GordonTheGopher Thu 21-Aug-08 18:27:53

There is a definite in-crowd. But I think it takes about 5 years to become a member...

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 18:28:13

bird... you should either go back to your original name and post or continue to use this name, accept your paranoia as such and post forthwith.

Honestly... there are so many reasons to stay with MN. Remember as well that it is a huge site with lots of posters. I'm sure that whoever it was that you argued with has probably (and I don't mean it cruelly) forgotten your name.

So... stop the whingeing (brutal I know) and post! grin

In the spirit of starting again...

Welcome to Mumsnet grin

zippitippitoes Thu 21-Aug-08 18:28:49

i think you are paranoid

no idea wo is amn superstar of which u speak

it is a big place

er everyone has unanswered postsa

who exactly would organise blacklisting and how?

smileso er just npost more or less but more in a confined space

if you dont post much u wont be recognised particularly because most people dont notice posters names unless they post a lot

its pretty hard to be noticed lol

birdinatent Thu 21-Aug-08 18:28:54

oh god, I've got a while to go then!!

bellavita Thu 21-Aug-08 18:29:13

That's a bit over the top VVVQV

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 18:29:36

blimey bellavita, less than a year? I'd've thought it was longer than that... but then my memory isn't what it was. I blame the icecream!

Mummyfor3 Thu 21-Aug-08 18:29:44

I am brand new to MN too and my impression is that depending on time of day/level of interest in topic/personally speaking: whether I can bother to type with one hand as DS on other arm smile, responese vary.

I love the fact one can say something controversial and it is still (quite) anonymous grin. Having said that, it was me who blacklisted you wink.

travellingwilbury Thu 21-Aug-08 18:29:55

I do hope not as this is my first post I don't want to get black balled so soon

Hello to all grin

expatinscotland Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:08

it's been a whole five minutes since we've had one of these threads.

sophiajane Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:22

Don't take it personally. Do agree that MN can be cliquey at times though...

Worse than being ignored is having a lynch mob after you (remembers my posts on disabled parking with a shudder) wink

pagwatch Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:30

you are completely paranoid.
i have been here a couple of years. Sometimes people respond, often times people ignore me.
I figure it is that sometimes what I say strikes a cord, other times I am boring as old shite.

Do you seriously think that an arbitary group of people secretly send messages telling hundreds of other women to ignore you because you may have offended someone?

you will have to accept you are just a member of the boring as shite group
and for what it is worth I don't remember ever having read anything from you.

<< pag deals effectively with the query and is comfortable in her assessment>>

<< yet now is privately worried that everyone is on msm telling each other to ignore her >>

<< hello...>>

zippitippitoes Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:34

oh i expect my mumsnet in crowd documents in the post any time lol

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:36

<<mental note to blackball travelling>>wink

bellavita Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:59

grin

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 21-Aug-08 18:31:12

I have heard tell of an Excel spreadsheet ...

lou33 Thu 21-Aug-08 18:31:26

i rarely remember who i have agreed or disagreed with on here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now