Talk

Advanced search

to think why did I bother spending all that money buying 8mo DS toys...

(13 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Thu 21-Aug-08 17:14:15

when he has spent 15 minutes entertaining himself with an A4 sheet of paper?
He is having a great time crunching it up, waving it around and passing it from hand to hand.

I may have to take it off him if he tries to eat though...

justaboutagrownup Thu 21-Aug-08 17:15:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moondog Thu 21-Aug-08 17:16:06

Exactly.
Tis nowt but ascam.
Ispend nothing on my kids and are 4 and 7.

BouncingTurtle Thu 21-Aug-08 17:17:16

I've told DH we're not buying him Christmas presents, we're just going to wrap some cardboard boxes and let him have that!

pamelat Thu 21-Aug-08 17:19:12

I am wondering if my DD (7 months) may show more interest in her toys if I were to act like she shouldn't have them.

All she wants are my car keys, the laptop, the cat and my mobile phone. Mmmmm maybe a reflection as to what "mummy" does with her day!

moondog Thu 21-Aug-08 17:21:02

BT, very good idea. one of my fireinds wrapped Argos catalogue for her kid. He was made up!

Yes Pam, brill tactic.

BouncingTurtle Thu 21-Aug-08 17:28:03

Pamelat - yep that's my ds, he wants my phone, the lead on my laptop, and anything on the coffee table!
He is still playing with that piece of paper!

pinata Thu 21-Aug-08 21:21:53

my DD is completely the same. I was in early learning centre today with a friend who was returning something and tempted as i was i bought nothing

8mo DD's current favourites are: laptop lead and all cables in fact, wooden spoon, ikea catalogue, her own shoes, baby wipes and the toggles on zips. oh, and my new chunky necklace, which is a proper pain as she lunges for it and almost strangles me. and if i dare to get on the phone she almost passes out with frustration at trying to snatch the receiver off me

mamadiva Thu 21-Aug-08 21:27:15

My 2YO favourite toy is not his £50 slide, his bloody expensive playhouse or any of the fancy singing and dancing vtech toys oh no!

It's a bloody 99p micro machines car that he found on the way home from nursery! LOL.

I'm resigned to spending £50 on him at christmas and thats it!!!

PinkTulips Thu 21-Aug-08 21:44:36

my 3 year old stole the cardboard tube from a kitchen roll i'd given the kittens to play with earlier.

they have a playroom full of toys and she was entertained by that for an hour! hmm

petitmaman Thu 21-Aug-08 21:44:49

my 18month dd2 has not played with any toys since she started crawling at 8 months. she just spends her life going round and round the house, opening cupboards etc. seriously she doesnt touch a playroom of toys. occasionally she absorbs herself in one of dd1's (non picture)books.
dd1, age 6. in the past 3 YEARS has played with: jigsaws, colouring, and books. THATS IT . toys? one big marketing scam! wink

bookswapper Thu 21-Aug-08 21:47:07

i spent all yesterday sitting in a (large) cardboard box with my two!

domesticslattern Thu 21-Aug-08 21:56:39

Give him an empty bog roll and a wooden spoon and, if anything like my DD (same age), he'll be in seventh heaven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now