Talk

Advanced search

to expect my gardener to work all day when it sunny?

(13 Posts)
PussinJimmyChoos Thu 21-Aug-08 16:13:23

Having our garden landscaped. Work has already been delayed by three weeks due to the awful weather. He's left early all week due to the rain which is absolutely fair enough. However, today is sunny, dry and perfect gardening weather and he was gone by 2pm!! There is no cement drying or anything that can stop him from getting on soo...

Dh muttered soothing platitudes while I stared out of the window ranting loooook!!! There is sun, he could be working and then he said go and start a thread on mnet...you'll feel better.... grin

MmeLindt Thu 21-Aug-08 16:15:26

He is here in my garden. I lured him away with promises of better pay and chocolate biccies with his cup of tea.

HumphreyCush1on Thu 21-Aug-08 16:15:26

You are absolutely right.
He's taking a bloomin' liberty.
<<validates sense of disgruntlement>>
grin

Cappuccino Thu 21-Aug-08 16:18:27

well he is a freelance

he gets to choose his hours

there are downsides with that; he has to get the upsides as well

such as going home when he feels like it on a sunny day

spicemonster Thu 21-Aug-08 16:24:15

He probably has another job by now so is going to have to try and do both of them at the same time. Sorry, that's not much comfort is it?

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 21-Aug-08 16:25:35

Mme - I offered him decent biccies....he said no..and I have Tesco's Finest Columbian Coffee too!!

I work on the premise that happy workers are productive workers but not quite going as I planned given that he is not here for me to wave said choc biccies under his nose....<sigh>

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 21-Aug-08 16:26:38

Spice - are you my mother??! She was all oooh I bet he's got another job on the go when I told her.... grin

spicemonster Thu 21-Aug-08 16:27:16

No, not your mother. Am an ex-gardener though wink

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 21-Aug-08 16:32:32

Ahh!! smile

Its soo frustrating as I have a toddler that wants to go out so I want it done asap. His partner is also long term sick which has delayed the work even further, which I do of course totally understand but I do think he shouldn't be buggering off leaving early when its sunny given the delays that have already happened!!

MmeLindt Thu 21-Aug-08 17:45:19

Ah, but I offered him Dalmayer coffee from Munich and Sachertorte from Salzburg.

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 21-Aug-08 17:55:31

MmeLindt - I'm liking your taste - I'll be around tomorrow at 3pm ok dear? wink

MmeLindt Thu 21-Aug-08 21:25:57

Fine, I will send the gardener round to do finish your garden while we eat Sachertorte

olympicsnotfederer Thu 21-Aug-08 21:55:26

He is here, shagging me.

signed: Ms Chatterley wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now