Talk

Advanced search

to expect not to be 'moved on' while pg?

(42 Posts)
usuallytooshytochat Thu 21-Aug-08 15:09:40

While pushing ds1 round block in desperate attempt to induce sleep, I sat down to rest on a wall. 2 mins later, a well-dressed man strolled up, half-smiling, and asked, 'can I help you?'
me 'no thanks'
him 'well I live here'
me - blank look
him ' so I was wondering who you are?'
me (finally getting the hint) 'would you like me to move?'
him 'yes please'

Is this normal?

(btw - I am 34 weeks pg)

hercules1 Thu 21-Aug-08 15:10:51

Perhaps he didn't see you were pregnant?

TheHedgeWitch Thu 21-Aug-08 15:11:20

Message withdrawn

WorzselMummage Thu 21-Aug-08 15:12:14

I'd have just told him to fuck off.

As impolitly as possible.

usuallytooshytochat Thu 21-Aug-08 15:12:42

hercules - I'm quite big and he was pretty close!

planning revenge bf session on his wall in a few months!

MascaraOHara Thu 21-Aug-08 15:13:31

was the wall a property boundary? I think if I came hom to find someone sitting on my wall I would make the assumption that they were waiting for me to return home...

sorry, but I may also have asked you to move. he sounds like he was polite enough about it. Was your child crying?

Dropdeadfred Thu 21-Aug-08 15:15:01

I would have told him I was just resting my heavily pregant self for a moment and did he have issue with that?

MascaraOHara Thu 21-Aug-08 15:16:29

If I had been in your position I would have done the same as DDF.. I'm sure he would have understood.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 21-Aug-08 15:16:49

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 21-Aug-08 15:18:58

Message withdrawn

ilovemydog Thu 21-Aug-08 15:21:01

unbelievable. shock

Bensonbluebird Thu 21-Aug-08 15:21:10

Pregnancy and buggy pushing is an ideal disguise for a thief. Just imagine how much loot you could fit up a tent dress.

usuallytooshytochat Thu 21-Aug-08 15:22:50

Well - i was polite too and did say, I'm just having a rest here. It was the wall of his front garden, and I didn't really mind moving, just thought it a bit... unchivalrous (sp?)

ProfYaffle Thu 21-Aug-08 15:23:02

What ddf said. I would've been apologetic and explained the situation.

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Thu 21-Aug-08 15:24:29

Weird to be asked to 'move'! I would have told him that I was pg and resting for a minute and if he didn't like it then tough!

YANBU wink

Uriel Thu 21-Aug-08 15:25:48

I think if you'd explained, he wouldn't have had a problem with it.

hatwoman Thu 21-Aug-08 15:35:19

sorry but I wouldn't sit on someone's garden wall unless in real dire straits/emergency type situation. it might be accessible from the street but it is their wall. I guess if, on being told by him that he lived there, you'd acknowledged that it was his wall and apologised, then a reasonable person would have just said (to a pg woman) ok and not asked you to move. it was probably that it took a while for the penny to drop that niggled him.

sparkletoes Thu 21-Aug-08 17:27:59

Sounds like you did explain the situation to the guy WTF it is only a wall! Maybe if you had sat there for ages... or he was selling/renting and expecting viewings... else I cannot see what harm resting for a few mins was doing personally.

You did move after all! YANBU to be a bit peeved in my opinion. LOL at the BF on the wall idea!! wink

JKGrowling Thu 21-Aug-08 17:31:59

You were sitting on his castle wall! shock grin

So much for a sense of community eh?

Karma will have her revenge though.

He'll probably spontaneously combust outside your house in the near future.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 21-Aug-08 17:35:35

I wouldn't sit on someone else's wall. I have enough problems continually explaining to DS that he isn't to climb on someone else's wall.

thesockmonsterofdoom Thu 21-Aug-08 17:37:17

he might have been trying to have some nookie on the sofa and just about to draw the curtains and found your prescence really offputting.

Milliways Thu 21-Aug-08 17:38:44

We are forever getting kids sitting/climbing on our front wall.

Recently a small boy was drummimg his feet on our wooden name plaque, when it fell off and broke!. I saw as was on PC in study where the window looks out the front. His Mum just pulled him off & ran away. We can't afford to replace it and the houses here only have names.

BexieID Thu 21-Aug-08 17:46:35

How odd. Maybe he thought you were going to have a wee picnic there.

I hate it when people 'loiter' and smoke right on the doorstep to the block of flats i'm in. We are right in the middle of town and people often use it as a refuge from the rain. Pi$$es me off when I want to get in/out with the buggy. And I hate the smell of tobacco wafting up.

TenaciousG Thu 21-Aug-08 21:47:51

Perhaps he didn't want his dw to come home and see a heavily pg woman with another dc sitting on his wall.

Wife: who is that pg woman sitting outside and what does she want?

Man: I have never seen her before in my life. Perhaps she is just having a little rest?

Wife: hmm

grin

yab a tiny bit u, but you can be forgiven under the circs I think.

MamaHobgoblin Thu 21-Aug-08 22:29:02

YANBU. Blimey. Whatever happened to basic common decencies? I don't care if it's his wall, you're not exactly sitting there sinking a couple of cans of Tennant, are you? I don't understand it at all. Perhaps he was blind/thick and didn't notice the large bump?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now