Talk

Advanced search

To be cross at DH for slagging off my Mumsnet addiction!

(16 Posts)
roseability Thu 21-Aug-08 13:24:42

He wants me to stop posting

He thinks I spend too much time on here and dosen't understand why I get involved in 'petty debates' - I see them as good old heated discussions

He thinks feminism is ridiculous

Arghh! Men!

All this while he sat and watched the footie last night. I don't mind him watching the footie but let me do what the hell I like

I'm nearly 30 FFS!

sophiajane Thu 21-Aug-08 13:28:32

YANBU - what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Mind you, I don't lurk much in the evening as it would tick me off if he was on computer at night a LOT.

My DD1 also moans every time I open laptop

"Oh no are you going on mumsnet/ebay again?" - poor neglected child!

BouncingTurtle Thu 21-Aug-08 13:29:46

YANBU - my Dh is the same...

BouncingTurtle Thu 21-Aug-08 13:30:23

Oh and forgot to mentioned that he spends ridiculous amounts time posting on sad train & road and car forums.

AbbaFan Thu 21-Aug-08 13:33:30

My DH is the same, but he has an xbox addiction, so he kinds gets it to.

TuRooRaRay Thu 21-Aug-08 13:36:52

tell him to feck orf.

MaureenMLove Thu 21-Aug-08 13:37:52

Mine said that once, then I won the MN holiday to Zante! He even let me find an internet cafe whilst we were there to send a postcard to MN Towers! grin

He has never, ever moaned again!

MadreInglese Thu 21-Aug-08 13:39:21

shock

kick him out

beansontoast Thu 21-Aug-08 13:41:42

get some head phones and practise raising your eye brow

fanjolina Thu 21-Aug-08 13:46:06

Chop his balls off! grin

TheHedgeWitch Thu 21-Aug-08 14:00:04

Message withdrawn

EffiePerine Thu 21-Aug-08 14:07:51

might he have a point?

<ducks>

woud depend how long you spend on the computer of an evening - it is antisocial, more so than watching telly together. Do you do stuff together when he's at home as well?

Now we are back to to 2 computers at home I'm often on the evenings when DH is working/faffing about on websites, then we do something together later on like watch some telly or a film.

roseability Thu 21-Aug-08 14:44:43

I would chop his balls off but I want another baby

I only go on Mumsnet in the evening if he is watching footie

Habbibu Thu 21-Aug-08 14:46:40

"He thinks feminism is ridiculous" - why, exactly?

wessexgirl Thu 21-Aug-08 14:50:14

A) If you only go on mn while he is watching football, it is hardly an addiction, nor is it cutting into your time together.

B) If he thinks feminism is ridiculous, then he is not really qualified to have any opinions anyway.

YANBU!

hercules1 Thu 21-Aug-08 14:51:59

Lol that you said he thinks feminism is ridiculous and then on your next line said "men"!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now