Talk

Advanced search

I am. But we don't have a good whinge board, so sod it.

(4 Posts)
Elffriend Thu 21-Aug-08 13:23:51

I'm hacked off with a colleague moaning about his heavy workload and then trying to work out with me what his bonus is going to be (large!).

Hacked off because I am leaving my job at the end of next week (as he bloody well knows) - which has not been my choice. He wanted to check with me how much it will cost for me to go because it affects the buget (he's in finance.) Argghh! Don't care!!!!! Feck off! angry

which means no bonus for me cos I'm not here.

no job.

have to start bloody job hunting.

Will probably have to get a full time job as, at my level, can't easily walk into a four day a week job and I didn't want to have to go back to full time yet - I wanted DS to be older.

So stressed about impending unemployment and stressed about getting a job.

And I have not had a holiday for about 2 and half years.

And I'm knackered. sad

Right,done with rant.

As you were! grin

BlingLovin Thu 21-Aug-08 13:26:38

actually, I don't think YABU. He sounds insensitive and rude. And I've never understood why when people are leaving, particularly involuntarily, management seems to expect them to leave everything ship shape, help manage the stress for colleagues left behind, find ways to economise etc. Bleugh.

You're leaving in one week. Go on a mini strike. In your head if necessary and refuse to be too helpful. grin

Elffriend Thu 21-Aug-08 13:37:08

grin Thanks. The thing is, I KNOW he's an insenstive twerp - he always has been, so I should not let it irritate me. But yes, a I am sure that some of it is that I am feeling a bit guilty about leaving some things up in the air - even though that is neither my fault or my problem!

It's all a bit surreal at the moment - will be glad to leave now in many ways.

BlingLovin Thu 21-Aug-08 13:51:06

Do. not. feel. guilty.

If you are leaving involuntarily, I assume because they have some cost saving exercise in place, I honestly don't understand why you should feel guilty for not being at your best. You're stressed, disappointed, worried about finding a new job etc. Unless they've paid you copious amounts of money to stick around and help manage things in the slow down period (that happened to me once), they are asking too much if they think you're goin gto be your usual, conscientious self.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now