Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up with DH and his faddy eating habits?

(9 Posts)
lovemyshoes Thu 21-Aug-08 12:54:38

Dh made dinner last night (I had to help as he couldn't manage it all at once hmm, he offered to help me with the kitchen, and didn't, so after finishing work today I have to go home and clean the kitchen and litter tray (which he promised to do yesterday and didn't) etc.

Before going home I was going to walk into town with the dc and get some fresh veg etc for tea.
I am doing Chicken and mushroom pie with boiled tatties and veg and then get/make something nice for dinner.

When I asked him what he wanted he said anything, I told him what I was doing, he said 'no, dont want that, do something else', the phrase kiss my arse came into my head.

AIBU to be fed up with his faddy eating etc? He is like it ALL the time and i have to constantly change meals etc, and now dd2 is becoming just like her dad and barely eats anything.

VinegarTits Thu 21-Aug-08 12:57:38

Show him where the kitchen is and tell him to make his own, then remind him you are his dw, and not the head chef.

youcannotbeserious Thu 21-Aug-08 12:57:52

Def. YANBU

My Dh spends all week in a hotel and I swear one of these days He'll come home expecting to see a menu with his 'choices' (yes, he does get a choice of meals: take it or leave it grin)

He also likes to cook because then it's my job to clean up (but of course, you can guess what happens when I cook! hmm)

Seriously, though, I think you should talk to him if it's having a knock on effect on your DD.... Though I'm pretty sure you'll tell me he doesn't think his behaviour is a problem????

Anyway, YANBU!

VinegarTits Thu 21-Aug-08 12:58:45

If it were me, kiss my arse would not have just entered my head, it would have spilled out of my mouth too

Overmydeadbody Thu 21-Aug-08 13:01:41

YANBU

Next time, don't ask him, or even tell him what you are cooking.

Just cook it and serve it. If he doesn't like it he can go hungry or cook something himself.

Don't give in to him, you are not his personal chef fgs

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 13:10:27

Will it make you feel better if I list my ex's complete repertoire?

Chips
Bread
Salt & Vinegar crisps
Haribo
Orange Squash
Not so fussy about alcohol wink

VictorianSqualor Thu 21-Aug-08 13:18:09

Don't ask then. Also if my dp said they were cooking me that meal I'd say, I don't want it too as I don't like mushrooms, but I wouldn't say 'do something else' I'd say 'Is there anything else you could do instead?' and if there wasn't then 'Ok, don't worry about it I'll do myself something later'.

YANBU to not like what he said but YABU to expect him to eat whatever you fancy cooking.

Is this really about him not wanting tea? (I'm confused by tea&dinner btw) or that he isn't good at cooking dinner/cleaning the kitchen?

youcannotbeserious Thu 21-Aug-08 13:32:43

Tinkerbellemum - Presumably your ex was a dab hand at a chip butty! wink

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 14:19:39

LOL he couldn't even make orange squash for himself! Why do you not find these things out till you're with someone? Crisp buttie he could manage to make all by himself hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now