Talk

Advanced search

that my 7 month old Jane Slalom Pro Pushchair is a wreck.

(6 Posts)
pamelat Wed 20-Aug-08 20:58:28

It has only a 6 month guarantee but in the last 2 weeks or so has ripped on either side of the hood (significantly, the rain now gets in)
Its wear and tear rather than a specific incident.
Just upset as it cost us a fortune (bought it new and full price, about £600) and now it looks like I wont get any repairs done.
We have only used it as any normal person would.

MarlaSinger Wed 20-Aug-08 20:59:40

How did it get ripped? hmm

Crap though, can you complain anyway despite warranty?

pamelat Wed 20-Aug-08 21:04:34

May well do
Dont remember it getting ripped and because its exactly the same on both sides, am thinking its just general wear and tear?
If it were just one side then I could probably convince myself I had somehow done it
Its normally only used for a mile or two a day.
Will complain as saved up for it. We are quite outdoorsy people and were looking forward to off roading next spring/summer with her!
We had to have 2 new tyres for it at 2 months old (!) and again its only been on the road.

Its one of those frustrations in life where you save and pay for the "best" and it lets you down. Wish I hadnt bothered!

ScottishMummy Wed 20-Aug-08 21:14:07

how very disappointing you pay that price for a pram, expect quality item

email Jane, express your dissatisfaction

bumpybecky Wed 20-Aug-08 21:19:51

that's shocking! and I'd definately complain

google 'fit for purpose' and see what pops up

I'm guessing any reasonable person would think a pram costing that much should last way longer than 6 months. I think you could argue it's not fit for purpose if it's that worn out in such a sort time frame.

I've had a washing machine replaced before as it died at 13 months old, so just 1 month out of warrantee

Good luck

mamamaggie Wed 20-Aug-08 21:53:51

Our Phil and Ted broke after 14 months, I took it back to the shop and they replaced the broken frame for free, no questions asked. I didn't even need to show a receipt as they apparently had my details on file. YANBU, complain and demand a replacement hood.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now