Talk

Advanced search

in wanting to yell arrrrrrrrrrgh at dh?

(19 Posts)
misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 16:40:39

grin

he has just come in moaning that i havent parked the car properly.

we have a wide disabled space. i dont always park it precisingly in the middle.

for some strange reason this winds him up.

i dont do it intenionally. but if i swing into the space and its on one side of the other i am not going to faff about getting it straight.

its in the space, its not bothering any other car users (single space on its own), so why worry. i can get it in and out no problems no matter how i park it. he cant.

so AIBU

bergentulip Tue 19-Aug-08 16:47:56

YABU.

Park in the middle cos otherwise if someone needs to park next to you, they might not have enough space to get in and out comfortably.

Sorry. It's a pet hate of mine too. But then, I frequently am in Belgium and they are the SH*TTEST parkers in the world and I think they are all a bunch of numpties....

Again, apologies, but I am on your husband's side on this one.

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 16:51:23

its a single space. for ONE car only

which is why i think he is being unreasonable

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 16:53:14

No YANBU

bergentulip Tue 19-Aug-08 16:53:21

hhhmmm.... okay,..... I guess that is petty, but I can still understand that he might get an unreasonable twitch in his eye seeing the car parked wonky, or over to one side. I would be just as petty I am afraid

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 16:54:45

he also moans cos i move the seat forward.

i lol as i am foot shorter than him with short little legs.

Notquitegrownup Tue 19-Aug-08 16:57:05

You could try making all of the photos/pictures on your walls slightly wonky. Bet that would take his mind off the car! grin

megcleary Tue 19-Aug-08 17:01:53

oh my god you are living my life!!

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 17:03:03

lol @ pictures.

he is just very particular about stuff like this.

my tin cupboard is highly organised thanks to dh. i like to move things about sometimes blush

megcleary Tue 19-Aug-08 17:04:14

i find many things in our kitchen lined up neatly etc

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 17:10:45

if only i could get him to do all of the housework...

megcleary Tue 19-Aug-08 17:13:49

likewise.....

misdee Tue 19-Aug-08 17:14:41

lol.

maybe they are related.

giraffescantdancethetango Tue 19-Aug-08 17:22:21

lol yanbu

megcleary Tue 19-Aug-08 17:23:54

i don't know whether its good or bad there's two of them in the world i am accused of abandoning car parking style

Jux Tue 19-Aug-08 17:27:56

Is he Hercule Poirot? He has to have everything symmetrical otherwise his little grey cells don't work.

2point4kids Tue 19-Aug-08 17:35:13

I cant rest if DH leaves the windscreen wipers mid wipe when he turns the engine off.
I feel your DH's pain at the wonky car grin

kerryk Tue 19-Aug-08 17:44:42

misdee you are the female version of my husband.

it drives me mad that he wont park straight, infact all the neighbours joke that they know when he is home because the car is squint. i am sure it does it to annoy me now.

also drives me mental that when he gets in he has to adjust the height of the seat, height of the steering wheel, position of back rest, firmness of back rest and move the seat forward. aaarrrrggghhhhh

kerryk Tue 19-Aug-08 17:45:27

then again i have to add that i have a habit of leaving the sun visor sticking out, then he jumps in and cracks his head on it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now