Talk

Advanced search

to want to lean out my bedroom window and tell the children over the back to shut the fuck up?and also blow a dart to puncture their ball which is being bounced every fucking second louder than a bloody harrier!!!

(19 Posts)
CvQ Tue 19-Aug-08 16:28:56

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all i want is some sleepsad

OrmIrian Tue 19-Aug-08 16:30:03

Errr...hope they aren't mine. They are being v noisy <sheepish grin>

kerryk Tue 19-Aug-08 16:30:51

is it bouncing against your house? if yes then yanbu, go and tell them to move.

if its just in the street then yabu. they wont be thinking that someone would want to sleep at 4-30 in the afternoon.

MmeLindt Tue 19-Aug-08 16:31:03

Oh, dear. Could you use earplugs? How old are the children?

lilymolly Tue 19-Aug-08 16:31:45

YABU but perhaps have a quiet word with them and ask them to keep it down?

<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>

CvQ Tue 19-Aug-08 16:33:21

sorry.i have no sense of humour at the moment.im so tired its actually reduced me to tearssad
<pathetic face>

SoupDragon Tue 19-Aug-08 16:34:21

Unfortunately, yes YABU.

SoupDragon Tue 19-Aug-08 16:34:50

Actually, you're not being unreasonable to want to do it but you would be unreasonable to actually do it.

kerryk Tue 19-Aug-08 16:35:21

do you have a baby?

when my dd's were tiny i would tell the kids in the street that i was trying to put them down for a nap and they would try and be a bit quieter.

pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 16:37:28

do you have an ipod
If noise is bothering me i find an ipod on really low blocks everything else out.

CvQ Tue 19-Aug-08 16:38:11

yes i do.been awake half the night because of him being poorly.all i want is some sleep.hes with my mum at the moment.
i obviously wouldnt do it.am just pissed off!

CvQ Tue 19-Aug-08 16:39:59

no ipod here.
am going to give up trying to sleep tbh.
ill try and get an early night if j settles later

pagwatch Tue 19-Aug-08 16:41:36

poor you . good luck later.

DaphneMoon Tue 19-Aug-08 16:44:34

I know the feeling, we had a group of teenagers near our house last night. The girls in the group kept screaming at the top of their voices, it really pissed me off. I wanted to go out and tell them to shut the fuck up too.

SugarBird Tue 19-Aug-08 19:40:27

The kids in the garden next to us used to drive us crazy kicking a football against our fence constantly, all day, every day (well that's what it seemed like - I suppose they did go out sometimes but rarely at the same time, apparently! grin)

They eventually broke the fence down and when we stopped returning the balls (several every day) they would just climb over and get them, breaking it even more. The worst offender was their dad as he kicked the balls so hard!

We did (in a friendly way - honest wink) suggest putting up a goal at the end of their garden ('too expensive'), kicking towards their house instead of ours ('no - it might break one of our windows') and going to the park now that they were big enough to break down fences ('can't be bothered'). Aaaaarghhh.

They managed to ruin a couple of summers for us angry.

JuneBugJen Tue 19-Aug-08 19:45:00

Had this with kids in our estate. First there were 3 playing nicely, then 5 then...13or so! It sounded like the crowd from Its a Knockout every day. Couldnt have window open, new baby etc.

Went out, showed them my dd and chattted to them about places that they could play at (there were many around there, including a park 100 yards away!)
Begged them to give us a bit of peace occasionally. They were really sweet and went off. After that, great friends!

JuneBugJen Tue 19-Aug-08 19:46:02

Had this with kids in our estate. First there were 3 playing nicely, then 5 then...13or so! It sounded like the crowd from Its a Knockout every day. Couldnt have window open, new baby etc.

Went out, showed them my dd and chattted to them about places that they could play at (there were many around there, including a park 100 yards away!)
Begged them to give us a bit of peace occasionally. They were really sweet and went off. After that, great friends!

JuneBugJen Tue 19-Aug-08 19:46:17

JuneBugJen Tue 19-Aug-08 19:47:08

oops. It was so important to tell you that I had to say it 3 times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now