Talk

Advanced search

to finally want to tell the police the misery he put me through,?

(8 Posts)
desperatedays Tue 19-Aug-08 12:14:22

my ex p was an absolute bastard!!, he was lovely when we got together until the day i got pregnant, he then from that day began to abuse me, id get slaps, he d pull my hair,spit in my face, pull my condfidence down, one night when i was 3 months pregnant he cam in drunk, he punched me hurt me threw me across the room,i remeber this night i honestly thought i was going to die, i was terrified,when he was asleep i ran into spare room, stupidly i never left him , i know i should have, a week late i had a scna after terribkle pains and bleeding and was confirmed i had been carrying twins, my 2 nd baby had died, i aske the date of when the baby died, it was the night of the attack, i was devasated, and felt very depressed. i left him to stay with my dad, till the baby was born, i was worried about being to stressed. after i had the baby, i felt low and as i had another child to someone else felt i owed it to baby to make a go with the dad, oh how stupid i was, we got bk together and i tried my best, but that day haunted me and everytime i look(still do) i know i should have to babies and keep thinking what if?.... on the night of our babies christening my parents took her as he wanted to have a dew drinks, he ended up with his hands round my throat in middle of pub, bouncer asked us to leave he pushed me all way home was horrible swearing spitting hitting,
anyway i have no left him have done for over 3 months and best thing i ever did but dont want him to get away from it, i want to tell police, but is there anythink liely to happen?

megglevache Tue 19-Aug-08 12:16:53

Good on you for walking away from that monster- you sound like you have been through hell.

I can't help you with the answer but wanted to add my thoughts.

LoveMyGirls Tue 19-Aug-08 12:18:08

How devastating, I would go to the police. So sorry for everthing you have been through and sorry for your loss. At the very least I would stop all contact and get tghis recorded by the police and get the hospital to back you up if needed. Have you had any counselling if not speak to your HV or GP asap.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 19-Aug-08 12:21:49

Well done for getting away It sounds like you've had a rough time.

I'm afraid the police won't be able to do much. They won't have any evidence and be careful as it could be turned on you if he wanted to.

desperatedays Tue 19-Aug-08 12:26:08

thank for your kind words, yer its honestly the best thing iv done in my life, i did not tell hospital about the fact he hurt me to lose baby they just presumed i lost it naturally, iv text my friend who s police officer asking for some advice. i dont care about my self he can say and do what he wants but not my kids,

mayorquimby Tue 19-Aug-08 12:54:18

i'd definitely tell the police. although because of the length of time between the assault and the report it is unlikely he could have charges brought against him because of lack of evidence at this stage,unless you tracked down that bouncer.
i'm not even sure if that's what you are looking for, but at the very least it will make the police aware of him and will make sure you get a very vigilant response from them if he ever does anything like this again in the future.

IShaggedInVictorianSqualor Tue 19-Aug-08 13:01:59

Tell the police.
I'm not sure what they could do because of the time frame, but if you have any witnesses it would certainly help.

desperatedays Tue 19-Aug-08 13:13:26

my parwents have seen him push me before, his mother and father did but they semed to turn a blind eye. disgusting really, my son did see some thingas but dont know if be right if got him to say anything as he s only just gone 6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now