Talk

Advanced search

ffs 1 day back and they're off on strike!

(7 Posts)
dingdong05 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:02:05

I must've been the only one not to see this in the news... All support staff are off on strike tomorrow, which is irritating, but are they just striking because of issues in Scotland? Aren't the English schools still off?

saltire Tue 19-Aug-08 11:04:35

It wouldn't be on the National news at 6pm, more likely to be on Reporting Glasgow Scoltand. it's jsut Scottish schools that are affected AFAIK

LuLuMacGloo Tue 19-Aug-08 11:06:52

Yup - just Scotland - I only found out yesterday when the postie mentioned it. We're supposed to be starting back tomorrow but will be Thursday now. Ho hum.

Scotia Tue 19-Aug-08 11:11:54

My ds is supposed to start school tomorrow, so I phoned the school today to check and was told I should have received a letter from Midlothian council. No letter has arrived for me, so I hope they haven't mised out the whole new intake of P1s.

I'm annoyed about the lack of communication from the council, not about the strike itself.

dingdong05 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:27:46

I just saw a report on it, and I can see their point but when was it decided, does anyone know?

TheCrackFox Tue 19-Aug-08 11:48:45

Does anyone know if the schools in Edinburgh are shut? DS1 should be starting back tomorrow and I can't find any info.

Scotia Tue 19-Aug-08 11:58:19

CrackFox, phone the school - the staff go back a day or two before the pupils - and they will be able to tell you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now