Talk

Advanced search

To be seriously hacked off with asda online shopping?

(17 Posts)
madhairday Tue 19-Aug-08 10:04:23

I have a couple of things that I'm pissed off about. Firstly, I have noticed a few times now that on the 'recently bought items' list that you go through to do your shop they keep changing the items to something more expensive EVEN when the original item is still available, saying 'this item has been replaced with....xyz'. Eg I have asda own baby shampoo on my list but they did this and put in Johnsons baby shampoo which is a lot more expensive, while the asda one is still available. Hmmmmmm......I wonder if they want us to spend more money or something? surely not? this has happened with countless items and imo it's seriously screwed, aren't food prices high enough??

Now this morning to add insult to injury, was due a shop between 10 and 12. Got at text at 9.30 saying if you don't ring before 9am this morning to sort out 'some details' your order will be cancelled. wtf? So rang the blardy useless call centre explaining the situation, but jobsworth call staff in some very far off place just kept saying I should have rang before 9am. Well YES, but I didn't have the flaming text. By this time going rather red in the face with anger. Hmmm. So ask to speak to manager. No more use. Try to get to the bottom of why my order has been cancelled and why I did actually need to ring before 9am. Tries to tell me they had some prob with processing my payment. well ummmm...it went through on Sunday when I ordered it, why the prob now? Oh, you haven't entered your card details. So I quote the confirmation email at them with....yes....my card details on!! So tries to start saying it's not our fault, it's with your payment etc. Tries to get me to reschedule, no slots til Thurs apparently. So I ask for at least my delivery charge to be refunded. But no, can't possibly do that, this is simply an enquiry, you should have rung before 9am.

*Head steaming* well I might have bloody rung if I'd had the chance.....

OK aibu??

BTW I told him to stuff it and I was shopping at Tescos...

herbietea Tue 19-Aug-08 10:06:56

Message withdrawn

madhairday Tue 19-Aug-08 10:09:23

Herbietea, I don't mean the actual substitutes they give with your shop, I mean on the recent orders list with what they are trying to get you to buy.
I've not had many probs with asda either before, just since moving, this store seems hopeless...

Mimsy2000 Tue 19-Aug-08 10:10:44

YANBU - sounds like awful customer service. can't believe they didn't refund your delivery charge. i'd be very pi*sed off!

littleducks Tue 19-Aug-08 10:11:17

dont go out, it may well turn up anyway!!!! have you rung the store??

Carnival Tue 19-Aug-08 10:11:31

no YANBU. I had a fiasco with 2 bags of vegetables not being delivered, and after countless promises to deliver, they never were and I now won't shop there. Thoroughly pissed off with Asda, even more so, because they are the cheapest online shop and I can't really afford some of the blardy Tesco prices.

Asda - bastards. Rant over

TheHedgeWitch Tue 19-Aug-08 10:17:47

Message withdrawn

serenity Tue 19-Aug-08 10:24:18

1.....If they substitute with a more expensive item, you pay the price of the item you ordered not the item you get (which is why I stick with ASDA)

2.....they don't process your card until they've picked your shopping, so that's the day it's being delivered, not the day you do it online. They tried to contact you, couldn't get hold of you - not really their fault (not yours either) They don't know you're not some dodgy person with a cloned/stolen card, so they're not going to send you your shopping without payment.

So, yes YABU about the original problems. No idea whether they were crap with their customer service because I don't how your phone conversation went.

serenity Tue 19-Aug-08 10:25:23

ok xposted about the substitutions (Dcs seem to think they deserve attention wink)

herbietea Tue 19-Aug-08 10:25:30

Message withdrawn

Cappuccino Tue 19-Aug-08 10:28:10

yes serenity is right it is price matched

I have had some rather swanky yogurts for v cheap thanks to this

and ALWAYS ring the local store, never the call centre. You can usually speak to the person who deals directly with the deliveries, who is (in our case anyway) really nice

she once rushed a delivery through to me because I ballsed it up and then had nothing for tea grin

TheHedgeWitch Tue 19-Aug-08 10:28:34

Message withdrawn

saltire Tue 19-Aug-08 10:33:33

herbietea - funnily enough I'm in Hampshire, yet have had endless problems with Tesco, which is why I never use them.
I know what madhairday means though, in my favourites section a lot of items are marked as "this £2.75 tub of custard will be replacing the £1.50 tub you normally buy".
Well obviously not thos eowrds, but you get the point. Then if I go back into teh actual store and look up tubs of custard, lo and behold, there is the original £1.50 which was being replaced.
I don't know why they do it. I've never ahd nay other problems with them though and continue to sue them. I won't go near Tesco

madhairday Tue 19-Aug-08 10:46:16

Yes I have to say I like the price matching sub thing which is why we preferred it to Tesco. But that was not what I was referring to, saltire that's exactly what I meant.
I never had any probs with asda before, but here the store doesn't seem as good unfortunately. I've had 2 deliveries here, 1 was an hour late and was missing several items, the next had all the fruit rotting. nice. so I don't think I'll be using them here.
Serenity, understand about them not processing card and can't get why, all card details were correct, have checked.will get onto bank as to why, we have plenty of credit room so not that.
Oh well, off to Morrisons now for shop...planning to use my asda list and see what price comparisons are like.

Kimi Tue 19-Aug-08 10:51:46

I have given up with the on line shopping as it is a bloody nightmare and I have told DP that unless I have a card to go shopping with there will be no shopping done at all and he will go hungrey

kando Tue 19-Aug-08 11:08:21

I get Asda deliveries too, and have had the odd problem which has always been sorted out pronto. But over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that some things are no longer available on the website - mainly the smartprice stuff that I order. When checking my shopping lists I didn't even notice that they'd replaced the smartprice applejuice (at 58p a carton - I usually buy at least 4!!) with organic juice at £1.98 a carton - wft?! I didn't get any little notice or anything to say that it was a replacement for the original product! I have sent them an email asking why it seems that items which have been previously available are now unavailable, and why it seems to be mostly smartprice/cheaper versions of what's now available. Got an email back saying that they couldn't have every single product available online but they were doing their best. hmm

nappyaddict Tue 19-Aug-08 11:20:06

if it was a substitution you should have only paid the smartprice price though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now