Talk

Advanced search

To think its commen sense not to approach a reversing vehicle

(26 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 20:43:38

Message withdrawn

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 20:50:25

YABU - could you not have let them walk past first, then reverse.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 20:52:24

Message withdrawn

thisisyesterday Mon 18-Aug-08 20:54:04

wel, technically as you were doing the manouevre you should have stopped. and you should have been looking all around to maike sure you didn't hit anything.

that said, it is pretty stupid to walk towards a moving car

Lemontart Mon 18-Aug-08 20:54:19

aaaaw hugs!
Sure, perhaps they should have watched the traffic around them and maybe you should have kept a closer eye on nearby pedestrians but what the heck - everyone was ok, nobody got hurt. Life is stressful enough so I suggest you take it easy tonight, have a glass of wine, bubble bath/movie and relax for a couple of hours. Tomorrow might just feel a lot better x

jofeb04 Mon 18-Aug-08 20:54:35

lol, that always happens in the supermarket car park by me as well

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 20:55:09

Well I would still have stopped to let them go, then carried on reversing.

I certainly wouldn't have jepodised their safety by continuing to reverse when it wasn't safe to do so just because I started reversing before they starting walking LOL.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 21:00:44

Message withdrawn

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 21:02:34

LOL, are you suggesting it would have been OK to reverse over someone because it's your right of way?

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 21:03:18

Is your other car a 4X4 grin

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 21:03:49

Oh, so they were contravening the highway code were they?

In that case, kill the fuckers.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 21:04:44

Message withdrawn

thisisyesterday Mon 18-Aug-08 21:08:36

erm actually the highway code is NOT law, it is a set of guidelines.

YOU are responsible, by law, to make sure the way is clear when you are carrying out a manouvre. trust me.
and I think if you hit a pedestrian because you weren't looking around then you'd have a hard time saying it was their fault in court

LittleBella Mon 18-Aug-08 21:11:15

No, if you had hit them it would have been your fault because you did not stop your manoevre when you saw them in their idiocy.

The death penalty or injury is a harsh punishment for stupidity. Yes they were stupid, but that doesn't give drivers the right to injure them.

I think the sooner all pedestrians, horse riders and cyclists are given priority at all times except on a motorway, the sooner our driving culture will change. Nearly every day, someone is killed on our roads. It's dreadful that we just accept that as if it's inevitable and normal. It isn't and it doesn't have to be. We can change that if we change our attitudes to how we drive.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 21:11:18

Message withdrawn

Hecate Mon 18-Aug-08 21:11:25

No, it's bloody annoying when people walk inches behind a moving car.
Yes, you are looking
Yes you see them
Yes you stop
But it's still fecking annoying because it's STUPID!!!!

LuckySalem Mon 18-Aug-08 21:14:03

Yes its annoying, Yes i'd love to hit them but you just have to put up with the idiots!!

oi Mon 18-Aug-08 21:16:23

lolol nametaken

TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 21:18:24

Message withdrawn

oi Mon 18-Aug-08 21:19:04

does manoeuvre have an e in it like that or am I imagining it <should say I'm not a pedant but a crap speller>?

People always do this to me in the supermarket too. Having said that, I'm the sort of dopey git who wouldn't notice a car reversing till it was practically over my head.

You know you should have stopped but they were eejits for not noticing you reversing.

oi Mon 18-Aug-08 21:20:07

hmm I wonder whose fault it would have been had you knocked them. Probably yours I would have thought?

LittleBella Mon 18-Aug-08 21:20:22

It would be the driver's fault if the driver hit them. Since you didn't hit them, they are obviously unreasonable for giving you evils. (Were they dressed like Vicky Pollard, I always think of her when that term is used?)

LittleBella Mon 18-Aug-08 21:21:41

This is why I always reverse park into parking spaces. So much easier than reversing out, for some reason.

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 21:22:23

Some pedestrians have vision impairement
Some pedestrians have hearing impairement
Some pedestrians have both

nametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 21:22:36

Some pedestrians have vision impairement
Some pedestrians have hearing impairement
Some pedestrians have both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now