Talk

Advanced search

To keep on thinking of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman when I should be working?

(14 Posts)
HonoriaGlossop Mon 18-Aug-08 17:07:48

Did anyone see Long Way Round last night?

<sigh>

ahundredtimes Mon 18-Aug-08 17:09:04

I think of them from time to time. But never fondly. I think of them acting out their mid-life crisis on big bikes and expecting us to be interested.

Like I said, not fondly.

Also didn't see the programme. So really, not at all fond.

YABU.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 18-Aug-08 17:14:08

Ewan - lush smile
Charley - an arse with a hugely inflated ego.

I love the programme though smile

ahundredtimes Mon 18-Aug-08 17:14:31

[sigh]

sarah293 Mon 18-Aug-08 17:16:10

Message withdrawn

HonoriaGlossop Mon 18-Aug-08 17:17:46

No, some of you have got it wrong

the correct answer is YANBU

grin

<still thinking>

SorenLorensen Mon 18-Aug-08 17:18:09

I really enjoyed the first series but found them increasingly irritating in the second - Ewan seemed to have got very luvvie-ish and Charley just did that googly-eyed thing a lot and lit his farts. They were going to all these mind-blowing places and the best they could come up with was "wow!" or "Oh My God!" The first series I kept thinking how hard it must be for their wives to have them away for so long - the second series I rather suspected the wives had encouraged them to go again grin

HonoriaGlossop Mon 18-Aug-08 17:20:22

grin Soren

I have only ever seen last night's episode. Clearly have treats in store, must watch all the others

<sigh>

ahundredtimes Mon 18-Aug-08 17:22:29

lol.

Yes, the 'wow' thing is painful. As was the Christmas book. Also, why would I be interested in what either of these people think about a place? Why would I send them somewhere I can't go and have them report back? They aren't insightful or clever or even funny.

Stop thinking about them now.

YA still BU smile

HonoriaGlossop Mon 18-Aug-08 17:24:09

insightful, clever, funny - whaddo I care, they are gorgeous and on big motorbikes

<sigh>

I am afraid I have come on an AIBU thread completely unwilling to be told IABU grin

sarah293 Mon 18-Aug-08 17:28:26

Message withdrawn

ahundredtimes Mon 18-Aug-08 17:28:47

He is unhealthy

mm22bys Mon 18-Aug-08 17:37:57

Agree with you Soren. I have tried to watch it two or three times, but found them both really irritating, and patronising in the extreme.

Boring commentary, and couldn't believe when they thought it their right to be let into a country (it's noone's right to be let into any country).

Had to turn it off in the end.

Walkthedinosaur Mon 18-Aug-08 17:45:30

My first ever crush was on Charley Boorman in the Emerald Forest, he was beautiful! I see him now and think OMG!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now