Talk

Advanced search

come and tell me i'm being a silly cahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

(23 Posts)
minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 21:36:25

found out this evening that the ILs are coming up next sat and are planning to take DS (22 mo) to Blenheim Palace for the day (well, a couple or three hours)..................................without US!!!!!!!
he's big on insects at the moment, and blenheim has a butterfly house, and he's going to see it for the 1st time...............without MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
5 weeks pregnant at mo, and i'm being soft
will they leave him there by accident?
Will they forget to fed him?
will he miss me?
come and give me a slayyypppp (slap in cockney gangster accent)

minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 21:37:20

feed him, rather

Lio Sun 17-Aug-08 21:37:59

good lord, I would be falling over myself saying thank you to them! Make a big list of all the lovely things you could be doing while he is there.

notnowbernard Sun 17-Aug-08 21:38:56

Think of the MN time wink

SilkCutMama Sun 17-Aug-08 21:39:10

Can you not go as well if you are so worried about missing out on a first????

( I do feel your pain - we should be there for all of them shouldn't we???? smile)

DonutMum Sun 17-Aug-08 21:39:43

Won't give you a slap unless you really really want one. It's the hormones. Your DS wil LOVE it and you'll get a rest. Grandma and Grandad will take great care I'm sure - unless you know otherwise?! Or is it the butterflies you want to see?

Fimbo Sun 17-Aug-08 21:39:52

<<<<slaps Minouminou about the head repeatedly>>>>

Dh & I had an afternoon and night away from our two last week.

I fretted that ds would miss me as he has never been away from me before overnight (he's 4).

Did he miss me? What do you think.

He looked at me steely eyed and said "so, have you got me a dalek then?"

AbbaFan Sun 17-Aug-08 21:40:00

<<<<<slayyyyppppp>>>>>

Enjoy the peace and put your feet up wink

olympicsnotfederer Sun 17-Aug-08 21:40:01

omg, pfb alert wink

minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 21:41:43

i know, i know
it's just that he's mad on bugs right now (he calls them "buh-bazz", and his little face lights up at bees and dragonflies, so he's going to go mad when he sees a room full of butterflies!
our flat was recently invaded by speckled bush crickets, and he loved them - he was trying to feed them toast, and watched for ages when i gave them slices of plum/apple

minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 21:42:43

have you got me a dalek? class!
kinda puts us in perspective, eh?

minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 21:43:23

abbafan....you forgot to add "yoo slayyyyyggggggg"

LynetteScavo Sun 17-Aug-08 21:45:39

In answer to your questions....no, no and er....no.

BouncingTurtle Sun 17-Aug-08 21:46:23

Hurumph - you have PFB Syndrome in spades!!!
You need to relax and have a large store of pot noodles and chocolate as you'll be mning constantly about how your miss your lo and will keep imagining he is being attacked by giant mutant butterflies.

minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 21:51:59

he goes to nursery for 2 full days a week, and i really appreciate the break (although I'm working), so why this has got me i don't know

olympicsnotfederer Sun 17-Aug-08 22:02:33

you will get over it when you have your 2nd wink

minouminou Sun 17-Aug-08 22:07:35

well, yeah....i'll be begging the IL's to take them

TheHedgeWitch Sun 17-Aug-08 22:17:35

Message withdrawn

BigBadMousey Sun 17-Aug-08 22:20:38

Any chance your ILs can take my DDs too grin?

Ashantai Mon 18-Aug-08 00:11:58

Definately a silly cah!! Good grief woman, enjoy your free time smile. Its not like its complete strangers and it will give you a well deserved break!

My brother had my kids overnight and me and my oh took the opportunity to go to the flicks and out for a meal afterwards. It was heavenly and my brothers gf is really good with kids and took them to our local park, bought them kites and gave them dinner before she dropped them back home!smile

Have fun and try not to worry smile

thumbwitch Mon 18-Aug-08 00:17:20

oh no, i would want to see the butterflies too! Can't you tag along?

ladymariner Mon 18-Aug-08 00:18:53

He'll have a fab time, and you'll enjoy the rest. Feet up, good book and lots of chocolate, methinks grin

I wouldn't want to go, me and dh went to the Butterfly farm in Stratford on Avon years ago and there were these massive feckers whizzing round the place, I was terrified one was going to get caught up in my noddy holder flowing 1980's locks!!!!

Ashantai Mon 18-Aug-08 00:48:34

Yeah i'd definately be avoiding the butterflies cos i'm petrified of them and moths blush

There's nothing more embarassing than running away from one at the nursery where i work, and having the 3 yrs olds saying "its ok they wont hurt you" smile

Going into a butterfly house is my idea of a living nightmare shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now