Talk

Advanced search

to hide the Sunday paper from DP cos if he gets it first he crumples it up?

(11 Posts)
cadelaide Sun 17-Aug-08 20:00:15

?

AnguaVonUberwald Sun 17-Aug-08 20:03:30

Yes!

WilfSell Sun 17-Aug-08 20:04:48

NO!

I cannot bear anyone reading MY paper or magazine before me because of this.

Quite right. Hide away.

LongLiveCuckoo Sun 17-Aug-08 20:20:48

My Granddad used to sit on one paper while he read the other..... shock It's quite common then is it? I thought he was a crotchety 80 yr old!

Littlefish Sun 17-Aug-08 20:30:55

My Grandad used to hate this so much that as soon as the newspaper arrived, he would get out the family sewing machine and stitch a big seam down the centre fold to stop my Grandmother messing the paper up grin. So no, hiding the newspaper would seem entirely reasonably by comparison to my grandfather's solution!

cadelaide Sun 17-Aug-08 20:54:47

Littlefish, what a great idea, sounds like my perfect man.

It's not just that he creases it up though, he pulls it apart so the pages are all in the wrong order, and leaves them scattered about the floor and sofa.

Also, I might add, if he does get hold of the paper he does fuck all else until he's read it.....all of it. He has an enviable ability to switch off all external stimuli in this regard!

cadelaide Sun 17-Aug-08 20:56:44

aaagh, fuck it.

I came on here just to check the thread and now he's got the main section.

squeaver Sun 17-Aug-08 20:59:22

Oh I'm with you! And not just crumpling it. There's a certain order in which a paper must be read, I think.

DonutMum Sun 17-Aug-08 21:41:45

Arse he got the paper off you. Should keep the paper with you at all times in pristine condition until you are finished with it. Which paper is it?

Mung Sun 17-Aug-08 21:46:57

At first I thought 'how ridiculous' when reading the title, but on further consideration I realised that a pristine paper is somehow easier to read than a crumpled one. It stays together much better.

I think its more to do with being the one that actually gets to sit down and read it before the DCs get too bored and want you to do something.

cadelaide Sun 17-Aug-08 22:34:07

Mung, you may have it right there.

DonutMum, today it's the Observer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now