Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed that my dd's friend laughed when she saw her new haircut!

(6 Posts)
Wallace Sun 17-Aug-08 19:20:39

DD (7) has had longish hair for ages, and she decided she would like a change, and said she would like a bob.

We told the hairdresser somewhere between chin and shoulders would be fine. As is always the case with hairdressers dd's new bob is shorter than chin length.

Even so, she looks fantastic But she is a bit unsure about it, I think because it is such a big change. She has even been saying she doesn't want to go back to school on Tuesday because she is worried what her friends will say.

One friend called for her today and as soon as she saw dd's hair she pointed and cackled for ages angry

I told her to stop, and it wasn't nice to laugh. Dd didn't say anything at the time, and I haven't spoken to her since (she went out to play) but I know she will be upset later

Why can't she see how adorable she looks!

JumpingDizzy Sun 17-Aug-08 19:22:33

kids are cruel aren't they? Maybe she was shocked at the change? Kids react differently to us.

Wallace Sun 17-Aug-08 19:25:48

I think she was shocked at the change to be fair. She is only a young 6. And she is usually such a nice little girl.

I just feel so sad for dd.

edam Sun 17-Aug-08 19:27:40

oh, poor dd. It's such a big change, going from long to short. She'll get used to it but her horrid friend really isn't helping (I know she's only little and was surprised, but still...)

Purplepillow Sun 17-Aug-08 19:29:02

Oh your poor dd and that was a friend hmm

Just reasure her that she is gorgeous and that her friend probably laughed out of jealousy suprise.grin

Can I just add that not all us hairdressers are scissor happy, I always cut hair longer than the person asks for then if they want it shorter then that is no problem (you can't stick it back on can you?) grin

Wallace Sun 17-Aug-08 19:33:19

Sorry purplepillowgrin Can I come and get you to cut my hair? wink

I will tell dd her friend was surprised

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now