Talk

Advanced search

to be upset and offended about my sister??

(6 Posts)
liahgen Sun 17-Aug-08 18:01:17

This is a conversation between my sister and my neice, my neice is getting married a young couple been through alot, trying their best to do it properly so we're looking at local national trust house, it's a lovely place.

The wedding is 2010 13th feb (day before valentines day) and in order to secure popular date we need to book asap, my sister has offered to pay towards some stuff so here is the text exchange what do you think?

Niece:
Instead of buying the flowers could you give me some of the deposit to book the venue??
Sisters partner:

Ur mums just told me u getting married and u want us to go halfs with deposit 4 fancy mansion, well why did you say yes you silly cow n toasters don't cost that much!!

Niece:

Is this a joke because it better be ;-)

Sisters partner:

No I don't joke about marriage it's a serious thing and anyway I can't believe Simon asked you!!!

By this point she was nearly in tears and send this:

Don't know what he is on about but forget I asked for anything

Sister replied:

Get off ur high horse wheres your sense of humour? He is winding you up, you should no he always does it. We're happy for you both.

Niece said she was upset and wasn't expecting that.

Would you have taken that as a joke???

Twiglett Sun 17-Aug-08 18:03:56

it was patently meant as a joke .. but if a grown up jokes by text or email they're a feckin' twat!

escape Sun 17-Aug-08 18:05:26

if its completely out of character, it could well be a 'joke'
kind of 'joke' my dad was always 'cracking' hmm

BouncingTurtle Sun 17-Aug-08 18:07:22

Not a particularly funny joke...

mumeeee Sun 17-Aug-08 18:07:32

Sorting out wedding arrangements can be very stressful for a young couple. I know because DD1 is getting married in March.
It was just not on to wind your nieceup like that.

liahgen Sun 17-Aug-08 18:15:02

well anybody else and I would have thought it was a joke but this is the person that tells his step daughter that they can come and stay but they have to go to a b&b.

well he is a pillock anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now