Talk

Advanced search

to think that Steve Redgrave has matured rather beautifully?

(29 Posts)
hatwoman Sun 17-Aug-08 12:19:39

I've been into rowing for years and am struck that I;ve never taken much notice of him before (expcet as the heroic rower he is) ...dds laughed at me...maybe it's an age thing...

mm22bys Sun 17-Aug-08 12:25:18

Yep, he sure has.

Am I the only one who can't stand Matthew Pinsent?

Cappuccino Sun 17-Aug-08 12:26:38

but he is smug

I think he would be the type to order for you in restaurants

WilfSell Sun 17-Aug-08 12:26:55

oh yes he's lurrrrvely...

bran Sun 17-Aug-08 12:29:33

I think rowers often look better when they stop rowing competitively, it's a very harsh training regime and they usually look stressed and tired.

hatwoman Sun 17-Aug-08 12:31:21

but he does such a great stare into the camera. he's had good media training methinks...

I used to be a cox in a former life, and while I told many a hunky man to enter cleanly, to work really hard, and to give me all he had, I never had quite such a looker to stroke for me.

Cappuccino Sun 17-Aug-08 12:38:42

"The lady will have the chicken, and a glass of white wine"

hatwoman Sun 17-Aug-08 12:48:38

but you don't get to choose your blazer. you should see the blazer I used to have to wear (looked better on me than on the men though)

MatNanPlus Sun 17-Aug-08 12:51:55

yum

Cappuccino Sun 17-Aug-08 12:56:29

you would forever be eating tuna

hatwoman Sun 17-Aug-08 20:49:26

tuna??

Octothechildherder Sun 17-Aug-08 20:52:50

I thought i was funny [not hahha] earlier that he continued to talk when the poor rower was obviously lying down with difficulties and everyone else but him had noticed.

He is rather yummy but in a daddy kind of way - rather than sexy hmm

Cappuccino Sun 17-Aug-08 21:26:49

hatwoman yes

I have decided - based on nothing at all - that he will be a complete diet fascist; hence charges that he will order for you in restaurants

so he will make you eat tuna and chicken a lot I think and frown at you when you have a pudding

disclaimer: Cappuccino's characters are fictional and are not based on any real life person alive or dead

Cappuccino Sun 17-Aug-08 21:26:50

hatwoman yes

I have decided - based on nothing at all - that he will be a complete diet fascist; hence charges that he will order for you in restaurants

so he will make you eat tuna and chicken a lot I think and frown at you when you have a pudding

disclaimer: Cappuccino's characters are fictional and are not based on any real life person alive or dead

Dragonbutter Sun 17-Aug-08 21:27:46

DH looks a bit like him grin

tiredemma Sun 17-Aug-08 21:28:19

I liked him earlier when he became a huge shoulder for the womens quad team to cry on.

Octothechildherder Sun 17-Aug-08 21:31:16

dragin - photo please?

Dragonbutter Sun 17-Aug-08 21:32:14

i will, but not right now, he'd kill me.

Octothechildherder Sun 17-Aug-08 21:32:20

I have to say that I think my dh is matruing very beautifully too smile

from behaving like a 2 year old to behaving like a 4 year old wink

Rhonds Sun 17-Aug-08 21:56:56

SR looks fab but Pinsett looks like a right fattie pie now

hatwoman Sun 17-Aug-08 21:57:16

grin. he would make you go for a daily walk of 2-3 miles. not a run - puts on muscle and you won't have consumed enough calories for running - and he will eat a kg of pasta straight from the saucepan while you have your salad. oh those were the days

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sun 17-Aug-08 22:00:55

I love rowing to although it's many years since I've sat in a boat.

SR makes me laugh as he is always so ridiculously competitive. He couldn't understand the Germans being pleased with 4th today. Total non-comprehension.

Rhonds Sun 17-Aug-08 22:12:49

SR came to start an ergo competition at my University and was urged to give a quick demo...he moved the rowing machine right across the room by sheer strength...oooohhhh

Cappuccino Mon 18-Aug-08 09:46:42

also you would not be allowed to play your CDs

you would have to listen to a constant mix of Radio 4 and The Eye of the Tiger

beansprout Mon 18-Aug-08 09:49:50

I think he is rather gorgeous and clearly hasn't hit the pies in the way that Mr P has.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now