Talk

Advanced search

To think this woman was not thinking when she named her children?

(29 Posts)
muggglewump Sat 16-Aug-08 17:21:35

I was waiting for a train today when a woman arrived with a baby and two toddlers.
Toddlers were running around and she had to keep telling them not to go too far, not to push each other etc. She specifically said "behave for Mum" at one point so she obviously had a say in their names.
They were called Rhys and Summer. Fine if she didn't have a really really bad lisp.
I had to try hard not to snigger.
Why would she choose those names? <<puzzled look>>

Fanlight Sat 16-Aug-08 17:24:40

Have heard much odder.

Think they're quite nice actually?!

Oh I see she did have a lisp. hmm

poor woman.

Fanlight Sat 16-Aug-08 17:25:11

She can't help it you know.

piratecat Sat 16-Aug-08 17:26:29

(snorts)

lilymolly Sat 16-Aug-08 17:26:42

Oh thats a bit mean isnt it?

AbbaFan Sat 16-Aug-08 17:27:18

Nice names - but like you said slightly odd if she has a bad lisp. Maybe she is just used to it and it's only funny to others.

lisad123 Sat 16-Aug-08 17:27:52

now thats a little uncalled for! Just nasty tbh. Maybe her hubby liked them, or they are family names?

Fanlight Sat 16-Aug-08 17:28:08

I wouldn't want to name my kids around a disability iyswim. Perhaps she just really liked the names?

piratecat Sat 16-Aug-08 17:31:03

sorry just appeals to my bored on a sat sense of humour, and reminds me of the monty python film.

muggle we are bad bad bad

muggglewump Sat 16-Aug-08 17:32:38

Why choose a name you can't say properly for whatever reason?
Is that not odd?

lazaroulovespastries Sat 16-Aug-08 17:33:54

I had a little laugh too I'm afraid.

Although the vicar at mil's funeral had trouble with her 'r's' and I had to hold back from shouting 'welease woderwick'

Oh, I'm going to hell

TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 17:35:08

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 17:36:10

Message withdrawn

hollyandnoah Sat 16-Aug-08 17:36:13

aww i really like those names, i went to school with a rhys. Maybe she developed her lisp from a stroke or something?? Dont know if that can happen. Or maybe she just likes them?

pagwatch Sat 16-Aug-08 17:39:35

i always loved that Natalie Cole who had quite a strong lisp used to sing
" i miss you like crazy"

Desiderata Sat 16-Aug-08 17:40:00

I think it's pretty cruel to have an 's' in the word lisp !!

I agree with mugggle.

muggglewump Sat 16-Aug-08 17:40:17

I'm awful but it did amuse me. Ryhth, thtop puthing Thummer was quite amusing.

In my defence it was the third train I'd had to get on and I was a 15 minute drive from my house and it was going to take over an hour to get home and a bird shit on my head.
I had to smile at something!

Desiderata Sat 16-Aug-08 17:47:23

I'm surprised that birds don't shit on heads more often, tbh. I mean, the sheer number of birds up there shock

piratecat Sat 16-Aug-08 17:50:33

which monty python film is it?

It's Michael Palin and he can't pronounce his r's.

lazaroulovespastries Sat 16-Aug-08 17:52:04

life of brian

muggglewump Sat 16-Aug-08 17:52:16

I had to wipe it on my cardigan sleeve and then wipe that on a wall. It's funny now but I was mortified and felt minging at the time. Cardigan and hair have been washed now btw.
I was pissed off all day and then the name thing really tickled megrin

Desiderata Sat 16-Aug-08 18:05:04

Years ago, when I was a kid, a passerby brushed my friend's sleeve with an ice-cream. I pretended it was bird shit, and then dipped my finger in it, and ate it.

35 years later, and I've never told her that it was ice-cream. She still insists on telling everyone she meets that I ate bird-shit grin

cocolepew Sat 16-Aug-08 18:07:48

Lol @ Lazarou, yes you are going to hell grin

squeaver Sat 16-Aug-08 18:08:49

Maybe she's just had some dental work done.

muggglewump Sat 16-Aug-08 18:24:01

Ewww Desdirata (if it was bird shit)
To be clear there was no eating done with today's shit!
I was just sitting nicely at a bus stop with DD when a big wet splodge landed on my head. I had no tissues, a leather bag which would not have helped and I didn't want to go and buy tissues whilst bird shit sank further into my hair.
The cardigan sleeve was the only way to go.
I'm actually chuckling about it now but I was not at the time. I was out for a further 4 hours after said bird shit incident sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now