Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up with DH not realising just what pregnancy does to a body?

(27 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 13:25:54

Message withdrawn

WorzselMummage Sat 16-Aug-08 13:39:32

sympathies

I'm almost 8w too and while dfs being great i can sense hes was a little annoyed the other day when i didnt load the dishwasher as the kitchen smell was making me puke.

YANBU

men can be shit.

HaventSleptForAYear Sat 16-Aug-08 13:42:06

YANBU. Why is it you doing the housework if you are working too? is this your 1st?

If so, even worse (because I got the princess treatment for DS1 but by the time I was pregnant with DS2 it was forgotten - get on with it...)

HaventSleptForAYear Sat 16-Aug-08 13:42:37

omg can't I read?

So now I know - full sympathies - you are me pregnant with DS2

ImForeverBlowingBuble Sat 16-Aug-08 13:42:41

YANBU

Kick him in the nuts from me

TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 13:43:26

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Sat 16-Aug-08 13:46:47

Hedge - men are fecking bastards! We are ttc no 2 (have drastically reduced my Citalopram too and its no picnic!) and I've realised why DH is hmmm'ing and ahh'ing about it all - he doesn't want me incapacitated in any way! Shits the lot of 'em....grin

psychomum5 Sat 16-Aug-08 13:48:39

my DH never realised until we went to france when I was pregnant with #3.

we went on a 10hr ferry crossing and he had severe sea sickness. I may have too, but being pregnant it actually did not feel any differenthmm.

He was being all pathetic, and I told him that what he was feeling then, I went thro all the time, for 12wks, each pregnancy.

and it is all the time, for thos 12wks....

he had sympathy after thatwinkgrin

Jojay Sat 16-Aug-08 13:49:51

YANBU - I remember finding an email that DH had sent to a friend, saying how lazy I was being - I hit the roof!!!! They can be insensitive ba?*%£ds sometimes.

TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 13:52:13

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Sat 16-Aug-08 14:08:11

can you liken it to the worst hangover he has ever had, but without the headache.

you know, the hangover where they can;t move, everything makes them want to vomit, and they are tired......for days.

would he get it then???

TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 14:09:25

Message withdrawn

EyeballsintheSky Sat 16-Aug-08 14:10:32

Congrats Hedgewitch and Worzsel btw

No, totally not BU. Men have absolutely no idea about any of it, which I guess is not their fault as they've never experienced it. Even looking after them seems to wear them out. DH had 7mo DD this morning and he said he doesn't know how I do it every day.

Bit worried now though - not TTC no. 2 just yet but will be in a few months and I'm also on Citalopram hmm

I think you just have to tune him out. Do what you need to do to survive until you feel a bit more 'normal' and say 'yes dear' to everything he says, then ignore it.

meep Sat 16-Aug-08 14:14:41

8 weeks here too and I know exactly how you feel. There are times when I could just sit down and curl up whether I am at home or waiting for a bus. It is the most exhausting thing ever.

Don't let your dh sleep for 2 nights then tell him to get on with the housework and see how he feels then? grin!

MKG Sat 16-Aug-08 15:13:47

Can I join this club? Yesterday I wanted to shoot my dh in the balls.

I'm 10 weeks with No 3. and you would think that after the first 2 that he would understand that my biggest pregnancy symptom is the extreme exhaustion I feel.

But no, he doesn't (idiot) Yesterday I cleaned the house, did laundry, did dishes, watched a 3 yo and 1 yo, and made food for them BEFORE I went to work until 10pm. That ungrateful man came in the house wondering why they weren't taking a nap, I guess he wants a quiet house when he gets home. I asked him to please put the clothes that were in the washer in the dryer. Really that takes less than a minute, did he do it? no.

TheHedgeWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 18:20:01

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Sat 16-Aug-08 18:22:59

not all men are bastards, and i feel really sorry for people married to those who are.

it wouldn't last 5 minutes with me.

lilymolly Sat 16-Aug-08 18:43:32

I have been in bed for 3 weeks with hyperemesis and DP has had to do everything grin
Work, Look afer dd 2.7, walk dogs, tidy house, shop, make meals etc etc

Welcome to my farkin world!

He only moaned once and muttered something along the lines of "why cant you just snap out of it, other women just get on with it" shock angry

He apologised 5 mins later

I have quite enjoyed it actually (not the sickness) but the fact that he was had 3 weeks of living in my shoes grin

But he was been great and to thank him I have given my blessing for him to go away to magaluf with his mates for 4 days in october hmm

CoteDAzur Sat 16-Aug-08 18:45:22

Next time you feel sick, throw up on his lap. He will then surely see what pregnancy does to you grin

MKG Sat 16-Aug-08 19:34:07

Expat- would you mind renting yours out for a while?

expatinscotland Sat 16-Aug-08 19:35:17

just bring your bucket into the living room, MKG, 'in case i can't get to the loo in time' and boak right in front of him.

MrsMattie Sat 16-Aug-08 19:38:55

Hmmm. Men. Not sure they ever really get it, even the good ones.

This is our 2nd baby - DH was OK with my first pregnancy, although could have been better afterwards, when I was recovering from a c-section.

This time I've had hyperemesis for the first 16 weeks and he was pretty amazing about it. Once I was better, things went back to normal, but now my SPD has really kicked in (I'm 25 weeks pregnant) and I feel as if I'm not allowed to have yet another severe pregnancy symptom. He's swanned off to football today despite me absolutely struggling with even walking let alone housework, shopping and a boisterous 3 yr old. I am so fed up of sounding like a nag. If i have to say 'But I can hardly walk' one more time I'll scream.

misdee Sat 16-Aug-08 19:39:54

i had never experience the pregnancy tiredness with dd1,2 +3. i had nausea etc, which was a pain but had heaps of energy. this last pregnancy hasknocked me completly fr six. I have been so tired all the way through, ache all over and feel sick a hell of a lot. i am abgsoultly shocked at myself, as i didnt know it could be this bad.

expatinscotland Sat 16-Aug-08 19:41:10

why not leave him on his own with your son tomorrow then, mrsm?

get on a bus and head over to Borders or Starbucks. buy magazines. sit there for hours and read.

or go get your nails done or see a film.

and just swan off.

MrsMattie Sat 16-Aug-08 19:42:31

Not a bad idea!@expat grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now