Talk

Advanced search

To give this woman a right mouthful.....

(10 Posts)
yummymummy1405 Fri 15-Aug-08 21:21:10

I do know I was being a little unreasonable but thought I'd share! We had a whole, long wonderful day out yesterday with 2yo ds and 5m dd after spending most of the day with dh's family we had met up with friend who have a ds the same age as ours anyway we had sent the husbands off for fish and chips and settled down in the midst of the fun fair. We we were out of everyones way so as I was feeding dd the boys were dancing around. I look up just in time to see my son fall to the ground and be stood upon by a woman who hadn't seen him. My son is a hardy little thing and only cries when really hurt so when he started bawling I ran over scooped him up expecting an apology from this woman but she just stared at me so I asked her to be more careful as he is only a small boy. I then got a very sarky soreeeeeeee and she walked off at which point I shouted not nice things at her. Sorry for stupidly long post but needed to rant!!!

nametaken Fri 15-Aug-08 21:24:32

Was any alcohol involved?

Bowddee Fri 15-Aug-08 21:25:22

shock
VERY unreasonable.

I would have punched her lights out.

(Is DS OK?)

yummymummy1405 Fri 15-Aug-08 21:27:39

LOL no I don't drink no idea about the toddler stamper! He was fine but think it spoily his day a bit as he was very moody and sulky afterwards didn't even eat his chippys which he really really really wanted. I think that's what upset me most. him being sad not the chippys!

nametaken Fri 15-Aug-08 21:30:31

I'll bet you anything you like she'd had a drink or 6. How can you not see a child for god's sake.

hope he's OK now.

AvenaLife Fri 15-Aug-08 21:41:14

This always happens to my ds, he's 9 and small. On at least 2 occasions he has been sent flying across the floor by adults that have walked into him. It's like they assume that children should be able to watch out incase an adult walks into them or stands on them. angry

I hope your little one's ok.

branflake81 Sat 16-Aug-08 07:44:50

er.... hmm it was an accident. Surely? I am sure she didn't do it on purpose. Just one of those things.

alardi Sat 16-Aug-08 11:03:57

Woman just sounds dozey, not worth getting irate about (what branflake said). Maybe she'd argue OP's DS ran under her feet & nearly knocked her down?

crazymummy84 Sat 16-Aug-08 12:19:16

YANBU. You were angry she didn't apologise or seem to care, if you hurt a child, even if it's not your fault, she should at least apologise or show concern if he is OK or not.

kittycats Sat 16-Aug-08 16:11:07

Hope i dont upset/offend any one but i sort of agree.If that had of been my child i would of felt the same but also i have knocked into kids when it was the parents fault,they let toddlers run round shops,busy town centre etc then complain when an adult knocks their kid.Parents not watching their kids because they are chatting doing their own thing etc.i was in supermarket other day and two under 5yr olds playing with footballs (the shops,they were not buying them) kicked a ball and it hit a man,not long after the same kid was running and skidding across the floor knocked into someones trolly and hurt his leg.the parent blamed the shopper pushing the trolly!"you should of been f*ing looking whre you were going" were her exact words!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now