Talk

Advanced search

not to be missing dds too much

(14 Posts)
mdrooney Thu 14-Aug-08 21:45:52

My dds who are nearly 13 and 12 are staying with thir grandma my mum in Birmingham for the week, usually by now I am missing them loads but Im not, I have been out from work most nights drank loads of wine have caught up with friends can get on the computer and phone can have a fag inside can have a bath in peace and have not raised my voice once this week, I havnt done any housework or cooking and feeling really realaxed
I love dds to peices but it pretty full on with us most of the time in London with two near teenages with no family about so its so good to have a break they come home on Sunday for a week then they go off to camp for a week , so have four more days freedom. but am feeling a little guilty that Im not missing them that much.
Have spoke to the girls everynight and they are having a great time.

missjennipenni Thu 14-Aug-08 21:50:05

My dds spent a few days with their Dad (age 6 & 8) and i have to say, i didnt miss them as much as i probably should! I found the peace from their squabbling lovely!

Of course, i was over-joyed when they came home though

so IMO you are no BU

lilacbloom Thu 14-Aug-08 21:51:14

Well, don't you think it might be because it is getting easier with them being nearly teens and they don't need you so much in normal life. Just relax and have fun.

Slickbird Thu 14-Aug-08 21:56:15

HA HA HA!! No YANBU, enjoy it while you can!! My DD went to her Nana's in Wales (we live outside Edinburgh) for a week before we joined her, and I did miss her, but then after a day of seeing her again, I remembered how much she never stops talking (v. loudly) haggling, not taking no for an answer, boundless energy which is good but exhausting and found myself wishing I had enjoyed my week more!! (Having said that, I was still working every morning and then looking after 11 month old for the rest of the day. And throwing up. - preg with num. 3)

No, they'll be back before you know it and time to yourself is so rare and precious, embrace it with both hands!! Cheers (hic!) grin

ShyBaby Thu 14-Aug-08 21:57:27

My kids are away too for the week. I really miss them but the break is heaven. I thought I would feel much worse. I've never been away from them for so long.

Oh but the sleep and me time......

mdrooney Thu 14-Aug-08 21:58:25

lilacbloom in one way its getting easier, and am less worried about them being away. but in fact the last few months have been really hard going I have a feeling that I might find the teenage years harder, it can get a bit hormanal in our house at times (and thats just me) Im finding it harder now then when they were little.

mdrooney Thu 14-Aug-08 22:04:52

sorry for the spelling mistakes but have been out with workmates and consumed coupies amounts of wine ha ha ha

lilacbloom Thu 14-Aug-08 22:06:07

I agree it is easier now, but, hormones will hit soon and then it will get harder. I was being a bit flip with my first post. blush

ShyBaby Thu 14-Aug-08 22:17:04

Im enjoying this in my own way. When they first went I thought about how much I could do...heck even walk to the shop at 10.00pm if I wanted to, have a bath without screaming kids, get some DIY done, clean my house.

Ive done nothing....absolutely nothing. I have slobbed around the house and done feck all. (Been to work of course).

And I dont care. grin

I deserve it.

mdrooney Thu 14-Aug-08 22:17:33

my friends said I should find a man while they are away to be having wild nights with and swinging from the chandelies,

mdrooney Thu 14-Aug-08 22:21:50

shybaby I thought I would do the same but in fact the house is more of a mess the ususal and you no what I dont care...........
by the time the girls come back it wiil be straight.

ShyBaby Thu 14-Aug-08 22:23:31

lol, best of luck with that wink

mdrooney Thu 14-Aug-08 22:58:46

I still have the weekend.... going glubbing tommrow night, not sure I can keep up with my younger child free workmates though

mdrooney Fri 15-Aug-08 11:21:05

Oh now know why I dont drink on a school night am at work and stuggling with a hangover, how I used to do this I dont know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now