Talk

Advanced search

To be thoroughly fed up with my boyfriend?

(17 Posts)
Janos Thu 14-Aug-08 17:59:27

Please be kind, it's my birthday (which is one of the reasons I'm feeling so fed up).

We live about 40 miles apart. I've taken today off and we had arranged for him to come through later today.

Now he's announced that he can't because he has to do some work. I feel really hurt because I arranged some time off - I rarely get ANY time to myself as I'm on my own with DS.

To be fair, he's been paid for it, also is skint and really needs the money so it had to be done but I'm feeling massively second best and unappreciated at the moment. I don't expect a fancy present just a bit of time and appreciation.

Perhaps AIBU? You tell me!

lou33 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:02:35

aw i would be fed up too

can he not come even for a few hours later on?

happy birthday from me anyway

CoteDAzur Thu 14-Aug-08 18:03:04

4o miles distance isn't much. Can't he come over when his work is done, whenever that may be?

bubblagirl Thu 14-Aug-08 18:03:22

i understand your upset and make a dtae for sometime soon call some friends and go out with some friends and celebrate your b day

i can understand your disapointment but not his fault if he cant afford it or could he be suprising you?

bubblagirl Thu 14-Aug-08 18:03:44

date that is lol happy birthday xx

Miaou Thu 14-Aug-08 18:04:55

If he's been paid for it,is skint and needs the money, then yes YABU to be pissed off at him. YANBU to be disappointed, but that's life I'm afraid smile

slavemum Thu 14-Aug-08 18:07:08

aw janos..get a bottle of wine, a good chick flick and put on ur comfiest pj's and anjoy ur eve to urself. Or call up some pals, and get a well deserved night out.
Know u'd probly prefer ur boyfriend over but sure he'll make it up to u.
Happy Birthday x

slavemum Thu 14-Aug-08 18:08:50

enjoy. can't type today!

BitOfFun Thu 14-Aug-08 18:09:36

Happy Birthday Janos, you're in good company- it's mine today too! smile
YANBU to be disappointed, but if he can't come over later on, then I agree with trying to meet up with a girlfriend for a drink, and let him spoil you another night soon? Hope you sort something out, it's a bummer x x

lou33 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:10:22

happy birthday to you too

cocolepew Thu 14-Aug-08 18:13:27

Happy bithday to Janos and Bitoffun smile

Janos Thu 14-Aug-08 18:13:31

Yeah, I thought I might be being a bit unreasonable.

It's just cos it was arranged..and friends are busy now...I was really looking forward to it. He really is super skinty.

lou33 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:15:11

can you go to him and meet him after work?

MatNanPlus Thu 14-Aug-08 18:15:29

Happy Birthday Janos

Janos Thu 14-Aug-08 18:16:11

Aww thanks you lot for birthday wishes

Happy Birthday BitofFun!

Think things will have to wait for another night.

Anyway...I have some thorntons chocs, my fave food and a new DVD so I can't feel too sorry for myself

Janos Thu 14-Aug-08 18:19:37

I can't lou33 unofrtunately as I have some tedious but essentiall appointments tomorrow morning..and going there..then coming back and going there would be expensive and a bit stressy.

Janos Thu 14-Aug-08 18:20:30

Apols for all the typos there. I must have birthday finger .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now