Talk

Advanced search

to want to put the heating on in bloody August!

(23 Posts)
macdoodle Wed 13-Aug-08 20:19:19

I really don't usually complain of the cold...but its freezing ...have closed all the windows, put a jumper on...but am still cold
Baby is asleep with heavy blanket, elder DD has been playing out in the rain and come in with her jumper tied round her waist shock and eating an ice cream shock so she is obviously not feeling cold??
Its bloody August FGS angry

MrsMattie Wed 13-Aug-08 20:20:35

Me too. I actually feel like I'm getting a cold, too sad. Got fluffy slippers and dressing gown on and considering bringing the duvet down into the living room so I can get cosy...

notnowbernard Wed 13-Aug-08 20:20:43

I feel the same

Have got a mountain of washing to do but no way of drying it all

It's very crap, isn't it?

muckypups Wed 13-Aug-08 20:21:36

My heatings been on today. Feels so cosy smile

traceybath Wed 13-Aug-08 20:22:56

i put mine on for an hour earlier - we live in the middle of nowhere and the wind is so noisy and cold.

MarkStretch Wed 13-Aug-08 20:23:05

I've gone to bed early cos I'm cold and miserable.

onepieceoflollipop Wed 13-Aug-08 20:27:29

YANBU the only thing stopping me is the price of gas, also it is "officially" Summer.
I too have an airer of washing (nappies in my case) just hanging around damply in the spare room. Yes I have a dryer, but really it is Summer and it feels wrong to use dryer.

twoluvlykids Wed 13-Aug-08 20:29:55

i put the heating on this morning AND after lunch as well. and for the last 2 nights i have worn bed socks..sad when's summer going to start?

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Wed 13-Aug-08 20:30:41

I'm very tempted to put my heating on sad

elmoandella Wed 13-Aug-08 20:38:08

mines is on. kids all have colds from this chopping and changing. so stuck it on so at least the house is at a steady temp.

on the drying front i can finally stop that damp smell from clothes taking too long to dry

CurrantBM Wed 13-Aug-08 20:39:12

Yep, our heating has been on all day, and I'm just off to make hot drinks and get a snuggly throw.

Time for "bodging in" <<snuggling down emotion>>

macdoodle Wed 13-Aug-08 20:42:31

Bugger just realised the boiler controls are in the baby's room and its noisy when it goes on
I could put the gas fire on in the lounge at least...in fact am off to do it now

moshie Wed 13-Aug-08 20:47:49

Just given in and put mine on, and my winter dressing gown too. Summer, my arse!

twoluvlykids Wed 13-Aug-08 20:49:04

as my mum says "winter drawers on". i think that's what she meant

Tas1 Wed 13-Aug-08 21:01:09

I put the heating on today, I was realy cold and the house had a cold damp feel to it, so I just put it on for an hour to take the chill off.
I am now sitting up in bed, snuggled up under the duvet, keeping warm, mumsnetting.

juneybean Wed 13-Aug-08 21:09:22

YANBU! I am so cold, I'm snuggled in my duvet with a hot coffee. It's supposed to be bloody August! And I'm sniffly angry

slightlycrumpled Wed 13-Aug-08 21:10:41

grin @ winter drawers on!

deste Thu 14-Aug-08 11:49:42

I live in the NE of Scotland and I can hardly think of a day the heating hasn't been on.

suedonim Thu 14-Aug-08 12:40:45

NE Scotland here as well. I have put the heating on now and then but I think it's actually the damp, not the cold, that feels so miserable because once the heating is on, it's too hot!

MummyToOneForNow Thu 14-Aug-08 12:43:05

8 mths pregnant and loving the temperature grin. No need for heating for me but am trying to remember that dd might be feeling a little chilly...

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 14-Aug-08 13:33:19

Well, 3 months till I "allow" myself to put it on sad

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 14-Aug-08 13:33:30

2!!! not 3

prudencepinkleg Thu 14-Aug-08 13:38:29

I had a hot water bottle in bed last night!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now