Talk

Advanced search

To annoyed at a friend making comments to my dc?

(10 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Wed 13-Aug-08 18:08:33

One of my friends was looking after dd1 and dd2 as a favour.

During a conversation the kids were talking about something and my friend turned round and said 'Well it needed doing and your mum is just lazy'

To say I'm miffed is an understatement

TheArmadillo Wed 13-Aug-08 18:09:39

what was it that apparently needed doing?

Slagging off parent to kids is seriously bad form.

Not good at all.

Lovemyshoes Wed 13-Aug-08 18:12:55

It was the bathroom needed tidying etc, I've been working full time temporarily for 3 weeks and weeked just gone I had 2 parties.

TheArmadillo Wed 13-Aug-08 18:14:13

how rude shock

it wasn't exactly a matter of life or death was it.

I'd be seriously reconsidering the friendship after that.

Lovemyshoes Wed 13-Aug-08 18:15:46

Oh I am, there are other things coming into it at the minute. I feel like the word MUG is tattoed across my head.

TheArmadillo Wed 13-Aug-08 18:17:15

Delete her number from phone and shrug her off if she calls to make plans/for a chat.

I seriously would not bother with her if that is her attitude.

Have you got someone else who can look after kids if there is a problem?

Lovemyshoes Wed 13-Aug-08 18:21:05

Unfortunatly no-one to help look after kids. She is staying with us at minute (though recently has spent every night with her boyfriend and not letting us know if she is ok for days on end) and owes dh and i about 30.00 each.

silvercrown Sun 17-Aug-08 15:54:32

Very unfortunate situation you seem to be in with this friend who is staying. I think it's best if you get rid of her asap. She can stay with her boyfriend and then leave you alone. Ask for the money back and demand it is repaid immediately - hopefully she'll be so miffed she'll move straight out and if you're lucky she won't contact you so you won't have to deal with her again.

tigana Sun 17-Aug-08 15:57:32

Did she say it with a grin on her face and a twinkle in her eye?

deedledum Sun 17-Aug-08 16:02:51

If she is staying with you and borrowing money the least she can do is do a bit of housework for you anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now