Talk

Advanced search

To be hacked off at receptionist at beauty salon?

(17 Posts)
ladyhelen2 Wed 13-Aug-08 13:08:20

This is my first AIBU! I know that there are far better things to be annoyed about, but I have really let this incident bug me and I can't let it lie!

Last week, on holiday in Conrnwall, I went to a beauty salon for a bit of pampering one afternoon. I booked my appointment by email for a massage and a facial. In black and white it was - massage and facial. They confirmed appointment back as "your massage" and asked for 50% deposit. I paid that by phone. Just paid it. Didn't think twice about it or the amount.

I went for the appointment. I was 10 mins late admittedly but I didn't think that was to big an issue as I thought I was going to be there for a couple of hours at least enjoying my massage and facial. I was reprimanded by the receptionist as soon as I walked through the door, hurried up to the treatment room, signed the health forms (telling them all relevant info) and on with the massage. Lovely it was too! At the end, it became apparant there was no booking for the facial.

Receptionist denied all knowledge and I said it was in an email. Email was checked and there it was. However she said that obviously in the response only the massage was booked and clearly the money for the deposit was not enough for the facial aswell. She was really shirty and refused to accept that the salon had made an error. I could have accepted a simple error - we all make em, but she blamed me for not picking up the salon's error when I paid the deposit. All I wanted was an apology! A nice one would have done. I fail to see how a customer can be held responsible for their mistake!

She really bugged me. SHe annoyed me by telling me off for being late. If I'm late take it off my massage time. No need to tell me off! The later exchanges have just compounded my annoyance. I've emailed them to complain and she has replied again blaming me for being late and not noticing the deposit being not enough!

Grrrrrr. I know I should let it go! Some things really get to you though dont they? However petty. Grrrrrrrr .

PS I should name the salon. Oasis Rooms in Fowey. Lady in question turns out to bloody own it too,

cornsilk Wed 13-Aug-08 13:10:02

Silly mare. Too big for her crocs.

TheArmadillo Wed 13-Aug-08 13:13:24

she was rude.

Customer services not one of her strongest points apparently.

YANBU

posieflump Wed 13-Aug-08 13:13:52

oh I was gong to say go higher up but obv if she owns it it's a bit pointles
find anoher salon though sad

ladyhelen2 Wed 13-Aug-08 13:14:05

Hope you mean her! I hate crocs.

babyinbelly Wed 13-Aug-08 13:14:15

The ones in charge are generally least helpful ime they seam to have a bit of a powertrip going on.

purplemunkey Wed 13-Aug-08 13:15:12

How rude. I hate bad service.

As she's the owner though I guess she can treat her customers however she likes. I suggest you go somewhere else next time!

ladyhelen2 Wed 13-Aug-08 13:15:41

Customer service def not a strong point. In her email back she describes her self as honest and direct. She should have added "rude and wrong".

I really must get over it.

kittywise Wed 13-Aug-08 13:17:46

What a cow!

Perhaps you should have pointed out that in these difficult economic circumstances she might want to take more care of upsetting customers.

yes bad mouth her on here.

Start a thread saying 'do not go to OASIS ROOMS in Fowey. it is rubbish. Mn has a lot of power!!
That'll teach her.
Well it probably won't but you will feel better.

babyinbelly Wed 13-Aug-08 13:27:31

Send her an email with a link to this thread so she can see how wrong she is. An apology and a bit of good customer service would not cost her much effort. It was their mistake after all

TsarChasm Wed 13-Aug-08 13:30:52

Oooh I hate people being deliberately rude to me like that. She sounds appalling but I guess if it's her salon it can go no further. She'll lose customers though, for sure.

I also had a rude woman at a salon a few weeks ago. I had hurt my back, could barely move, and so I phoned in the morning to cancel my appointment. She was so so rude to me. I was shock that she could be allowed to answer the phone tbh.

I am a long standing customer too and don't have a habit of cancelling appointments. I happened to go in there again yesterday and saw who it was I had spoken to. She was still pretty curt. How she manages to do her job and speak to people so abruptly is beyond me.

babyinbelly Wed 13-Aug-08 13:34:34

I am frequently shocked at how some staff where I work talk to customers. They also blame the customers rather than apologise and try and sort something out. I feel like a bit of an old granny saying this but honestly what is the world coming to.

ilovemydog Wed 13-Aug-08 13:39:34

email her the link...

Shame though as I was planning on going to Fowey and was in the market for a salon....

Oblomov Wed 13-Aug-08 13:44:41

Is she just teh POXY receptionist, who is up her own ..... ?
Ask to speak to the manager.

Oblomov Wed 13-Aug-08 13:46:39

Sorry missed last bit , on OWNS it. What a shame.

ladyhelen2 Wed 13-Aug-08 14:00:49

I've left a review on Google as a nar nar nar nar nar to her.
FOwey is lovely. I think there may be a salon at Fowey Hall, but am not sure. There is a fab fab restaurant called Sam's in Fowey too which is worth a visit. They know customer service in there - we were waiting for a table for about an hour (you can't book sadly) and they gave us free garlic bread to keep us going. A v small gesture but thats the way to keep your customers happy!

nailpolish Wed 13-Aug-08 14:04:37

write a letter of complaint to the local paper. where all her customers and potential customers are

that ll make her shit her pants

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now