Talk

Advanced search

To be totally p*ssed off with my possibly Nazi friend?

(21 Posts)
OiMum Wed 13-Aug-08 12:24:58

She came over this morning as we haven't met up in a long time. The last time I saw her was years ago when I was with my ex, who was black. She commented that she was pleased I'd 'finally gotten over the jungle fever'.

She then went on to look through our photo albums and comment that they were 'like f*cking Benetton ads'!

My partner is half Maltese, my Aunt is Thai, my SIL is Guyanan and that's it. Oh yes- my Gran is Irish and she constantly refers to her as 'Nanny Mick'!!!

She is just such a racist cow! How can you say things like that? I mean, I don't go in for all this uber PC crap but dear God (apologies to the religious amongst us)- what kind of person goes on like that?! I made it pretty clear that she was offensive and made excuses that we had things to rush out for but she's just made my blood boil. Am I being over sensitive?

theressomethingaboutmarie Wed 13-Aug-08 12:26:15

Are you kidding? She's an out and out racist. YANBU shock

MrsMattie Wed 13-Aug-08 12:26:31

YANBU. She sounds like an ignoramous.

QuintessentialShadows Wed 13-Aug-08 12:29:27

I would cut her out of my life, if I were you.

In my experience, people like that cant be "re-educated", their attitudes and opinions are so deeply rooted there is nothing you can do to change it. I would not even try.

You dont have to explain. Just dont see her again.

mamazee Wed 13-Aug-08 12:30:12

YANBU...with such a fantastically diverse family i would say you probably don't need 'friends' like that ?!
maybe she is jealous ??
or ignorant ? either way its hugely disrepectful to you and your family.
it must have been really hurtful.

TheArmadillo Wed 13-Aug-08 12:30:19

bloody hell shock

ditch her and tell her why.

That is completely outrageous behaviour.

BouncingTurtle Wed 13-Aug-08 12:30:57

I wouldn't let her darken your door again.
What an ignorant bitch angry

RubyRioja Wed 13-Aug-08 12:32:05

possibly nazi?

She sounds very weird. Even when people still think that way, they rarely say it anymore as most peopleknow it is frowned upon.

I don't think I'd be inviting her back!

OiMum Wed 13-Aug-08 12:35:23

She really is an ignorant bitch, isn't she?! I was just so shocked that I didn't know what to say.

I didn't realise young people had these opinions in this day & age!

She seemed to think it wasn't a personal insult because she was insulting the race of people as a whole, rather than me! Forget the fact that they're my family who I love.

You are all right- I knew there was a reason we hadn't met up in years! I really have to start using the word FRIEND more sparingly.

LittleBella Wed 13-Aug-08 12:37:17

Oh she sounds like a moron and a racist.

Even if she believed all those crass and stupid sentiments, that she is stupid and insensitive enough to utter them in your presence, when she knows you have people in your life whom you fucking love who happen to have ethnic origins displeasing to her, shows that she doesn't really respect or value you either. She's not just a very thick racist, she's a very bad friend.

Love2bake Wed 13-Aug-08 12:38:19

People being racist is a total deal-breaker for me - I just cannot be around it.

I would not be making any effort to contact her again if I were you.

YA totally NBU

Mamazon Wed 13-Aug-08 12:38:41

clearly racist but why Nazi?

Quattrocento Wed 13-Aug-08 12:39:49

It's quite easy to avoid having Nazis for friends you know. If you put your mind to it.

BuwchBywiog Wed 13-Aug-08 12:41:31

she sounds like an idiot!

OiMum Wed 13-Aug-08 12:43:23

I just used the word Nazi as it rolled off the tongue. I get the distinct impression she's at least a sympathizer!

I shall indeed put my mind to avoiding any future friendships with Nazis/racists/bigots/homophobes/anti-vegetarians and the like.

minouminou Wed 13-Aug-08 13:08:11

get rid of her
"it's like a fucking benetton ad"?
she's obsessed with this matter, and i really don't get it
tell her you can't see her any more
really annoyed for you

ninedragons Wed 13-Aug-08 13:15:46

Nobody needs a friend like that. Dump her.

Overmydeadbody Wed 13-Aug-08 13:19:38

Don't ever see her again.

She's not really friend-material is she?

gastronaught Wed 13-Aug-08 13:20:45

The first time she slagged of my Nan, she would of been out the door on the end of my boot, let alone the rest of her crap. Dump her, life is to short.

dittany Wed 13-Aug-08 13:30:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TenaciousG Wed 13-Aug-08 13:49:16

Get rid of her. I wonder if she thinks she is being 'wittily' non pc, like Juan Jimmy Carr, or something? Either way, not funny and not on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now