Talk

Advanced search

to think that if you type in CAPS....

(16 Posts)
Mamazon Wed 13-Aug-08 11:47:31

it's easier to just delete and re type rather than typing out the whole "oops sorry, didn't mean for Caps"
????

onepieceoflollipop Wed 13-Aug-08 11:48:29

I usually check as I am going along, so in my case I would only have to delete a few words.

So, YANBU

StealthPolarBear Wed 13-Aug-08 11:54:44

no, because half the time you will have forgotten exactly what you were saying
or that's my excuse anyway - goldfish memory!

(You can, however, copy, paste into Word, highlight and then Shift+F3 changes the case for you)

Milkysallgone Wed 13-Aug-08 11:58:29

I never get this either. Tht said I'm a tad obsessive so couldn't bear to leave it imperfect.

Milkysallgone Wed 13-Aug-08 11:58:56

Ha ha that!

edam Wed 13-Aug-08 11:59:33

YANBU. What's so hard about correcting a mistake?

VictorianSqualor Wed 13-Aug-08 12:03:33

Depends how much I have written and if I'm BFing at the time so typing one handed.

If I've written more than a couple of words and am typing one-handed then I will just write, oops caps' and carry on, but 'oops caps' is only 8 letters, so if I've written say a whole sentence comparing that to 8 letters is a lot easier.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 13-Aug-08 12:04:16

It depends how long the original post is and whether you have posted it already.

If a long post and I can't be bothered to type it all again I'll do the "oops...." bit, or if posted before I've realised I'll do a wee apology post.

<regrets never learning to touch type>

Mamazon Wed 13-Aug-08 12:05:01

I've seen it a couple of times. it just strikes me as odd and a total waste of time, fot both poster and reader.

theyhave to type twice as much and i have to read an extra sentance.

Do people not realise that i am a busey busey woman. I have a lot of chores i need to avoid, i dont have time to waste reading unecessary sentances!

wink

zippitippitoes Wed 13-Aug-08 12:06:31

i do sometimes correct stuff but on the whole i cant be arsed

just about the only time i use caps is a mistake

VictorianSqualor Wed 13-Aug-08 12:10:24

Not a waste of time fort me to type 'oops caps' compared to me deleting and rewriting the whole sentence, plus how long does it really take you to read 'oops caps'?
I think they're holding a party for you in Pedant's corner btw Mamazon wink

Mamazon Wed 13-Aug-08 12:33:36

oh no, i don't step foot over there. I can't spell, my typing is terrible and i haven't a clue what a Gerunt is.

cornflakegirl Wed 13-Aug-08 12:39:38

Gerund, Mamazon wink
I put an explanation on the thread and everything! grin

Mamazon Wed 13-Aug-08 12:42:25

oh i didn't read the thread. i felt thick as a brick just from the title.

Oblomov Wed 13-Aug-08 12:59:29

Depends how good your typing is. I don't touch type. Sometimes I have written quite a few sentences beforeI take my eyes off the keyboard and check the screen. Just like then. So if it was all in caps. I wouldn't type it all again.

juneybean Wed 13-Aug-08 23:08:46

Something that really grinds my gears is all capitals in a title....there's really no need for it :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now