Talk

Advanced search

to send the brats that I have created to bed for the whole day.

(6 Posts)
tiredemma Mon 11-Aug-08 11:36:22

I have pro-created two monsters.

Spoilt, cheeky, ungrateful brats.

They have a trampoline, bikes, skateboards (used only once), scooter type thing, cricket set, footballs, rugby balls, Nintendo Wii, Playstation, Nintendo DS, PSP, Board games.... I could go on but im sure you catch my drift.

They dont want to play with any of these and would much rather fight over who is going to watch Playhouse Disney and who is going to watch The Disney Channel.

Im sick of the constant bickering.

I have just lost it, screamed like a banshee and sent them both to bed until they learn how to behave like nice children, not spoilt brats.

I really loathe the school holidays and would gladly work 20 hours a day to stay away from this constant crap at home with them.

Ds1 in particular winds me up, he smirks at me and is just generally rude.

If it was 3pm, I would probably start on the wine

derelicte Mon 11-Aug-08 11:39:34

How old are they? Can they be released into the wild sent to a park?

You poor thing. I feel your pain.

tiredemma Mon 11-Aug-08 11:42:00

ds1 is 7, ds2 is 5.

Im so angry with them, they have spent the last three weeks at holiday club which cost me £360- today is the first day that they have to 'enteratain' themselves and all they do is bloody fight.

LoveMyGirls Mon 11-Aug-08 11:43:25

Give them jobs to do, one can clean their bedroom the other can tidy the living room carry on finding jobs until they agree to behave, i bet they are in their rooms playing!

pointydog Mon 11-Aug-08 11:52:27

can you get a dvd so that all three of you can just slob about in a darkened room with a huge bowl of wotsits?

mamhaf Mon 11-Aug-08 11:55:07

I feel your pain - and hate to tell you it doesn't get any better!

Dds 15 and 12 were in this sort of mood on Saturday when the weather was dreadful.

I lost my rag and told them to devise a menu, go to the shop, buy ingredients and make lunch otherwise I and dh were going out for lunch and leaving them home alone.

After a bit of bickering, they settled down and did it. It took hours and the kitchen was a bombsite afterwards, but they did a great job.

I agree that giving them some specific tasks often helps if they can't amuse themselves. And I wasn't any different as a kid - I remember spending hours fighting my brother with rain pouring down outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now