Talk

Advanced search

To expect my husband to pick up on the subtle clues?

(25 Posts)
Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 20:10:17

I don't want to listen to him. (he's drinking and he talks shit when he's had a few)
He is trying to talk to me about stuff I barely care about when he's sober.
He is talking.
I am saying "uh-hu" while typing.
Every third sentence he utters, I sigh, turn round and say "pardon?" and he repeats it. I then go back to typing and continue "uh-hu" until it's time for the next <sigh> "Pardon?"

Since I would normally look him in the eye and say "I don't care." but he has told me that he considers that to be rude, I think he should at least pick up my subtle message. Don't you?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 20:12:07

hur hur hur

Eddas Sun 10-Aug-08 20:12:56

lol, i know exactly what you mean, although dh picks up on my uh-hu's after a whilegrin

dizzydixies Sun 10-Aug-08 20:12:56

clue is in the thread title subtle?!?

if like in this house, NEVER going to happen grin

Tortington Sun 10-Aug-08 20:13:39

subtle + alcohol

yAbvu!

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 20:18:39

I know. Totally unrealistic of me. I'm going to have to tell him to shut up. grin

flubdub Sun 10-Aug-08 20:20:58

lol I have this too, but when hes sober . Its just plain boooooring sometimes! Even when I ignore him, and dont take my eyes off the tv, he STILL carries on! grin

Janni Sun 10-Aug-08 20:33:27

Your poor DH. He needs a few bevvies to pluck up the courage to share his innermost thoughts with you and this is how you repay him grin

maryz Sun 10-Aug-08 21:20:15

Don't be ridiculous. Of course YABU. He's a man. They don't understand subtle clues. (I have similar on sofa in my sitting room. He seems to think I should care who is winning the US PGA golf).

maryz Sun 10-Aug-08 21:20:28

Don't be ridiculous. Of course YABU. He's a man. They don't understand subtle clues. (I have similar on sofa in my sitting room. He seems to think I should care who is winning the US PGA golf).

maryz Sun 10-Aug-08 21:20:57

Oops!

objectivity Sun 10-Aug-08 21:22:33

What's he talking about?

TheGreatScootini Sun 10-Aug-08 21:28:32

YABU.My DH has failed to pick up on my 'subtle' clue (exaggerated sighing, rattling the paper, in the end calling by bf to complain that I am bored bored bored of sport on TV) that I am shortly going to stick pins in my eyes if I have to watch anymore league 1 football/PGA Golf/test cricket/Olympic archery-swimming-gymnastics-cycling.He has had all of these on at some point today.I am practically a gibbering wreck and he hasnt even looked up from the screen!grin

flubdub Sun 10-Aug-08 21:29:17

yeah, whats he saying?

TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 10-Aug-08 21:31:14

I just say "DH you're boring me" or "I'm not listening" grin, i've got to say though i'd go bonkers if he said that to me

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 21:31:19

you mean you want me to listen?

ok.

something about Georgia??

person?
country?
style of cabinet?

GreenMonkies Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:23

YANBU, YABUnrealistic!!

Subtle + Man + waste of time.

Just keep saying "uh-huh" every now and then and eventually he'll fall asleep. grin

Monkies

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:59

Normally, MrsO, I say "I don't care" but he's had words with me and explained that people generally find that rude blush so I am trying to avoid it.

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 21:33:46

ah good.

Better than Georgia the woman he's leaving me for because I never listen to him. grin

objectivity Sun 10-Aug-08 21:34:59

lol

TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 10-Aug-08 21:46:50

Funny that Hecate my DH says it's rude as well blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now