Talk

Advanced search

TO AS THEM TO GO WHEN WE HAVE LUNCH?

(12 Posts)
hifi Sun 10-Aug-08 16:59:01

going to meet sister at her villa, when we arrive there will be a total of 9 of us, all family.

ds has been there for 3 weeks and 5 days a week for those 3 weeks two neighbours boys have been around from 9am till about 7pm when their mum takes them to eat.she has fed them every day they have been there, the favour not returned and shes sick of it.

i have offered to tackle it when i get there and ask them to leave when we have lunch.am i being mean?

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 10-Aug-08 17:00:34

Nope.

bubblagirl Sun 10-Aug-08 17:02:37

well all you have to do at the start is make a point of saying family lunches and that they will see them after lunch but say at start of day so they know well in advance

she obviously has been very kind and children have enjoyed it but if she feels put apon then its not being mean imho i wouldnt be bothered if favour was returned or not but if i felt put apon for all them hours i would make a point of saying family time from so and so time so they are aware in advance they would have to go

Collision Sun 10-Aug-08 17:02:44

No.

Just say, we are eating now so we will see you at about 4pm. Byeeeeeeeee!

bellavita Sun 10-Aug-08 17:05:05

No you are not being mean as this feeding thing has turned into a regular occurrence.

I think if those boys had only been there a couple of times and the favour returned then you could let them stay but as it is every day all day then you have every right to say something.

You just have to be light hearted and say to the boys that it is family time and they must go home to their mum.

CvQ Sun 10-Aug-08 17:05:59

no.i cant understand why their parents havent thought about feeding their own children during the dayshock

Blu Sun 10-Aug-08 17:06:53

Get her to say nicely the day before you arrive 'oh, by the way, we won't b able to have the boys to play tomorrow, I'm afraid, as we have family arriving'.

What is your sister's problem with explaining things to her neighbour? Or saying 'shall the children play at yours tomorrow, for a change? ' or 'can I leave the children with you for a while as I need to...'.

hifi Sun 10-Aug-08 17:11:49

my sister is a wuss, its become so regular she feels bad about saying anything. her kids have been around but they say one of the boys is spiteful with them and wont share so they come home. their mum sits by the pool reading all day!

DeeRiguer Sun 10-Aug-08 17:19:21

no
tis cheeky of the mum who lets this happen day in day out
i take it you are the wuss-less one of the family? smile

hifi Sun 10-Aug-08 18:10:41

only slightly less wuss like.

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 19:48:18

No, the mum is taking the piss. Send them away at meal times.

hifi Sun 10-Aug-08 19:53:34

i am all bolstered up now. will do it nicely. thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now