Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(21 Posts)
trollywolly Sat 09-Aug-08 22:36:13

I feel awful... have a 10 month old DS who was born @32 weeks. Just found out I'm 6 weeks pg... and I'm not excited in fact I feel nothing. I'm still exhausted as he's not sleeping thru yet, had my first day away from him yesterday, well half day as dp brought him back earlyas he couldnt manage him. We always said we wanted 2 close together so I dont know whats wrong with me. Didnt feel like this with DS - I was so excited. Just feel so burdoned already and feel so guilty for feeling like this. dp is so excited which makes me feel worse. I've tried to talk to him but he just says it'll be fine. will these feelings change as the weeks go by? I'm terrified I'll have another premmie and not bond, feel nothing and mess up the happy family I have got....

Mummyfor3 Sun 10-Aug-08 10:15:20

Trolly, sympathies and congratulations - I think hmm.

I was in similar shoes and in the end, it was FINE. My main bit of advice would be not to get ahead of yourself. Of course you now know what it means to look after a LO and having them close together is great in some respects and hellish in others.

My DS 1 and 2 are 1 year and 10 days apart. DS1 was a total nightmare, never slept (or so it seemed) and cried/screamed every waking moment that he was not on the breast. He is now 5 and still a drama queen. DS2 was my preemie, born @ 31 weeks, now aged 4 and doing fine thankfully. When I found out I was pregnant with him my main feelings were guilt that DS1 would have to be a "big brother" so soon and no longer the baby, even though he was still a baby.

The first year with them was v tough however now I am reaping the rewards: they are great friends and playmates to each other and are very entertaining.
And, we went ahaead and had DS3... grin

Give yourself time to adjust to this new pregnancy. The new baby will not make you love your precious first one any less. As time goes by, hopefully you will come to enjoy the thought of this new life. So, bottom line, do not be too hard on yourself for not feeling the "right" things. You feel what you feel for a reason.

As fas as having another preemie goes, it all depends what the reason for early delivery with your first DC was. Maybe discuss with your GP or obstetrician??

The very best of luck to you and your family.

Love2bake Sun 10-Aug-08 10:18:24

Mummy - that was a troll thread!

Mummyfor3 Sun 10-Aug-08 21:19:32

Love2bake blush: spot the relative newcomer to MN!!
Thanks for putting me right.

2luvlyboys Sun 10-Aug-08 21:25:42

Now I understand the thread about made up threads iyswim! Any tips on spotting trolls? Would hate to pour my heart out on a particular subject only to discover its a troll! That would be so blush. Does the aibu thread attract more trolls than other thread do you think?

barnsleybelle Sun 10-Aug-08 21:27:02

Can someone explain to me what a troll thread is please?

Thanks

madcol Sun 10-Aug-08 21:28:03

What is the point of thi strolling stuff unless you're trying to be funny or shocking. This is neither.

cocolepew Sun 10-Aug-08 21:29:08

A troll is somebody making stuff up, either for attention or to be a tit. Some people have really been sucked in by some.

barnsleybelle Sun 10-Aug-08 21:31:50

I bet i've been sucked in at some point!! How could they tell this one one, and how do i spot one?

Can't see why someone would do that.. weird.

2luvlyboys Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:03

How can you tell the difference between a troll and someone with a genuine problem in real need of advice/sympathy etc however bizarre the situation may seem to some iyswim?

2luvlyboys Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:03

How can you tell the difference between a troll and someone with a genuine problem in real need of advice/sympathy etc however bizarre the situation may seem to some iyswim?

mamadiva Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:32

How do we know this is a troll thread?

cocolepew Sun 10-Aug-08 21:34:49

You can't always. The easy to spot ones are the 'you are all a bunch of twats' type. The ones that do seem like someone genuinely needs help usually gets tripped up in their lies eventually. If not on 1 op then if they continue to do it.

ScottishMummy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:42:01

thing is we do give people benefit of doubt unless obviously provocative/dumbass etc

Eilatan Sun 10-Aug-08 21:52:39

isn't the op's name a bit of a clue. or can't she spell trolley? (I am not being sarcastic a lot of ppl get it wrong). Honsestly, the only reason I was suspicous was the name and cos s?he has a lot of unanswered messages. I honestly wouldn't have spotted anything weird about this one.

Help me understand pls. Feeling thick!

Eilatan Sun 10-Aug-08 21:52:41

isn't the op's name a bit of a clue. or can't she spell trolley? (I am not being sarcastic a lot of ppl get it wrong). Honsestly, the only reason I was suspicous was the name and cos s?he has a lot of unanswered messages. I honestly wouldn't have spotted anything weird about this one.

Help me understand pls. Feeling thick!

Goober Sun 10-Aug-08 21:57:15

I saw this in the Actice Convos and was surprised to find Trolly-Twat-Person still up. I expected them to be tucked up in bed as they have a paper round first thing. Obviously, that is exactly where they are, now that I know the thread was bumped.

Love2bake Sun 10-Aug-08 23:13:47

For some reason this trolly person decided to paste and copy other people's thread's on Saturday night.

Yes, normally trolls just post something really outragous - this one was just plain boring!!!

Stick around and you will get the hang of it wink

ScottishMummy Sun 10-Aug-08 23:17:49

sorry, but to clarify the troll took a true story and what tried to pass off as own?why?

dearie what about the original author?
pretty callous

Love2bake Sun 10-Aug-08 23:22:59

I don't know why, was very odd.

Mummyfor3 Mon 11-Aug-08 07:35:47

Gee, I feel better that other people are confused too! But will pay more attention to names in the future...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now