Talk

Advanced search

to be livid with my brother for feeding my 8 month old CHOCOLATE?

(139 Posts)
vannah Sat 09-Aug-08 20:59:10

At a family birthday get together today? And then have the rest of my family including my husband telling me that I am over reacting because I started crying - out of being so angry???

He gave her one rectangular piece of milky bar. This was when I was in the other room..

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 20:59:46

FGS, get a grip.

ninah Sat 09-Aug-08 21:00:23

I don't think that's too bad?

broccolispears Sat 09-Aug-08 21:00:26

Worse things happen at sea.

JT Sat 09-Aug-08 21:00:53

call the police

WilfSell Sat 09-Aug-08 21:02:50

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

Your baby will have loved it.

It won't cause instand obesity, tooth rot or diabetes.

It will be fine.

So, I'm afraid, YABU and your family are right: you are overreacting

DragonsEye Sat 09-Aug-08 21:02:57

lol. havent been on here for AGES. Just logged on and seen this thread, had forgotton about how ridiculous some people are.

RTKangaMummy Sat 09-Aug-08 21:03:03

Sorry but I think YABU

{unless baby has allergies etc}

As long as DC is 8 months and not 8 weeks cos IMHO that is completely different

TeacherSaysSo Sat 09-Aug-08 21:03:07

What on earth do you think will happen to her?
At least your brother takes an interest and tries to be kind.

barnsleybelle Sat 09-Aug-08 21:03:19

Is this a joke?

funnypeculiar Sat 09-Aug-08 21:04:50

Did he know you didn't want your dc to have chocolate, vannah? I would be annoyed too tbh (even with my second child, before anyone says anything smile) but I think it makes a difference if someone is
1. Slightly thoughtlessly giving your dc something he thinks they would like
2. Intentionally going behind your baack to give your dc something they know you don't want to do (yet)

WilfSell Sat 09-Aug-08 21:04:58

Mind you, it's like heroin that chocolate stuff.

She might be desperate to feed her habit tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that grin

Oh no, I'm talking about myself again.

frogs Sat 09-Aug-08 21:06:56

My cousin accidentally weaned my fully bfed 7 month old on icecream and apple pie.

The baby loved it, though I was a bit shocked when I got back from nipping to the ladies. I can confidently report that my dd has not suffered any longterm damage. smile

Thinkstoomuch Sat 09-Aug-08 21:07:56

You started crying? What?

allgonebellyup Sat 09-Aug-08 21:09:18

i really think you should call social services

And never, never speak to that brother of yours again. What an awful excuse for a man.

pudding25 Sat 09-Aug-08 21:09:43

I would have been pissed of so I don't think yabu. he should have asked you if it was ok.

Milkysallgone Sat 09-Aug-08 21:09:45

Yabu, you are not serious?

theSuburbanDryad Sat 09-Aug-08 21:10:36

He gave her milkybar? Nestle Milkybar?! shockangry

wink

Bless ya - your baby will be fine, even though you might not be! Your brother was probably just trying to be nice. Did he know you didn't want the baby to have chocolate?

minouminou Sat 09-Aug-08 21:11:04

are there any underlying family/sibling issues?

berolina Sat 09-Aug-08 21:11:49

In the nicest possible way - you have a moderate-to-severe case of the PFBs. And I speak as one who started a full-blown marital Incident over dh feeding her 7mo PFB a fingertip-sized dab of ice-cream. blush

It is not really ideal, particularly if you are holding off on introducing some foods to avoid allergies, but she will be fine.

berolina Sat 09-Aug-08 21:12:26

<waves at UD. I owe you an email! How are you?>

sorry OP for hijack.

Celery Sat 09-Aug-08 21:12:34

He should have asked you, but you are over reacting a little.

snowleopard Sat 09-Aug-08 21:12:45

I probably would have been upset too, but now DS is 3, looking back, it seems so insignificant.

I also remember me and a friend looking after another friend's 6mo baby for a couple of hours when we were teenagers - and we tried to give this baby a malteser <faints at the thought of how wrong that could have gone blush>

If you're not the anxious doting parent, you quite possibly don't have a clue, is all I'm saying. And your baby will be totally unharmed.

PictureThis Sat 09-Aug-08 21:13:04

Oh Dear God, YABU.

ThatBigGermanPrison Sat 09-Aug-08 21:13:04

You are over reacting Vannah. Big Time. You cried? Get a grip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now