Talk

Advanced search

To feel exhausted and not want to be constantly shouted at and criticised

(25 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 16:23:47

We have just moved house, I have messed up my ADs as I lost them moving. I feel like shit and have no support network here and Dd is playing up. I just cannot shift the walking through sludge feeling. I hold my hands up and pay I am not pulling my weight and dp is having to do most of the work but he is not helping. He is constantly shouting at me, blaming me for everything and making sarcastic comments about my tiredness. I am constantly being lectured on how I need to be more like him and how I am wrong.

umberella Sat 09-Aug-08 16:27:08

ignore him. smile

go for a walk and keep your head up.

charliecat Sat 09-Aug-08 16:29:11

Can you get any more ADs?
I would get house the bit for a while too.

twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 16:36:28

Found the tablets but it will take a day or two. I can understand why he is stressed but surely common sense would tell you that if someone is struggling with depressing shouting and criticising won't help.

charliecat Sat 09-Aug-08 16:37:30

No, he probably pissed off and frustrated too. HUG, start today again.

charliecat Sat 09-Aug-08 16:37:34

No, he probably pissed off and frustrated too. HUG, start today again.

twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 16:47:37

Am taking the dog out.

charliecat Sat 09-Aug-08 16:51:22

Good Good Hope you feel better when you come back and DH is in a better mood too.

constancereader Sat 09-Aug-08 16:56:56

YANBU

Hope you feel better after your walk.

Moving is awful, the stress is always worse than you think. Your dh is out of order, but perhaps his reserves are totally depleted by the upheaval and he just can't manage to behave better atm?

seekinginspiration Sat 09-Aug-08 16:58:16

Your day sounds even worse than mine. Moving home is tough, my DH gets very snappy, petty and critical when he gets overtired, but never admits it. Many men cannot admit when they feel out of their depth or are not coping. If he said to you I'm not coping with this move, I'm depressed, how would you feel? When DH starts doing the snappy, petty critical thing I start heading for the hills (or the swimming pool, library... you name it anywhere but around him) and tell him he's out of order, but small steps. Moving is tough for all of you, very big hug

Shoshe Sat 09-Aug-08 17:05:31

Oh T&P, are you OK, I would have come and given you a hand if you had let me know, or at least taken DD of your hands for a few hours, I have had mindees away so would have had room.

Don't think the weather has helped has it.
Nipped into town this morning, just to the Beauty Centre and got soaked!

I am off on holiday in the morning, but email me, I will be back on the 17th.

twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 18:03:39

Thanks everyone. I just walked the dog into town and for a run by the river. Felt better but when I got back dp started on me again. Was going to put our clothes away but he is building our bed which seems to mean stomping about and loudly tutting at me.

twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 18:23:40

Shoshe is the beauty room any good. My eyebrows need urgent attention. Where are you going on holiday.

Shoshe Sat 09-Aug-08 21:07:25

Yes it's brill, DGD had her eyelashes tinted and I had a mani/pedi grin

Its just down from Boots, there is a side street off the main rd, its in there.

We are off to Spain, to Salut, DB has a house there so we are going on a visit.

poshtottie Sat 09-Aug-08 22:07:34

shoshe, do you go to Sam?

Shoshe Sat 09-Aug-08 22:19:38

Posh I do indeed,(although it wasn't her today, she was out doing a posh wedding with Maggie) are you here as well, are we having a little MN enclave in North Dorset grin

poshtottie Sat 09-Aug-08 22:22:59

Im now in Dorch. I miss Sam's chats and her great massages. I'm glad they moved premises it was a bit small where they were before.

Twinset, moving is very stressful and I only moved within the same area.

Shoshe Sat 09-Aug-08 22:25:18

posh I go to Dorchester alot, DF lives in weymouth, we were in Borough Park last week with the mindees grin

poshtottie Sat 09-Aug-08 22:27:09

Borough gardens is a great park. Have a good holiday.

Shoshe Sat 09-Aug-08 22:28:40

We will grin, maybe we can meet up when we get back.

poshtottie Sat 09-Aug-08 22:32:35

Yes, sounds good.

Could you bring the sun back from Spain too please.grin

twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 22:37:12

Thanks for the tip shoshe. Is it the one in the alley next to the carpet shop, there is a beautician there although it seems mainly a tanning place. Or do you mean the alley just after the boots (the one that has not just reopened)

twinsetandpearls Sat 09-Aug-08 22:40:46

I could not believe the rain today. Dd thought she was going to spend the summer on the beach.

poshtottie Sun 10-Aug-08 07:06:32

twinset, not the tanning place, its the other one, blandford health and beauty.

tatt Sun 10-Aug-08 07:22:39

Since I went gluten free I no longer have the energy problems I used to get. If you can't face trying that you might like to try some of the digestive enzymes that are targeted at gluten and see if they help. They aren't cheap but getting some energy back is worth it. I can go to a gym now!

My doctor wanted to give me ADs but I was convinced I had a physical problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now